Is my iPhone working right?

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
On every other phone I have had, Nolia, Motorola etc, someone sends me a text message or if I missed a call. If I don't have the phone in my hand or belt and I miss the call or text message the phone beeps or chirps until I pick it up and see what I have missed.

With the iPhone if someone text's you or called and your not near the phone nothing happens. No chirp, beep or anything. When I pick it up the phone and press the button it is then I see I missed something. This may be an hour (or more) later.

Is there a way to have missed calls notify me somehow that I missed a call?

Thanks.......

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
On every other phone I have had, Nolia, Motorola etc, someone sends me a text message or if I missed a call. If I don't have the phone in my hand or belt and I miss the call or text message the phone beeps or chirps until I pick it up and see what I have missed.

With the iPhone if someone text's you or called and your not near the phone nothing happens. No chirp, beep or anything. When I pick it up the phone and press the button it is then I see I missed something. This may be an hour (or more) later.

Is there a way to have missed calls notify me somehow that I missed a call?

Thanks.......
It doesn't appear that there is any such notification option on the iPhone.

It does pop up a message on the screen when you have missed a text or a call or if you have a voice mail. But it doesn't beep at you. It's a visual-only reminder.

Rumpelgeist

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Yes, I do see the notification but I need to press the button to check if I had missed a call.

It would be nice if when I walked by it I would hear an audible notification.

Maybe in version 2.

Thanks anyway......

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
the constant chirping of the motorola phones i had when i missed a call or text is one of the things about those phones that annoyed me. to each their own i guess.

i do miss having a blinking LED like my Treo had. not a huge deal however.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
the constant chirping of the motorola phones i had when i missed a call or text is one of the things about those phones that annoyed me. to each their own i guess.

i do miss having a blinking LED like my Treo had. not a huge deal however.
I actually got annoyed at the blinking LED on my Treo too--disabled it. Found I was wasting too much time checking every missed text and VM message.

So for me it's not a big issue that the iPhone doesn't do it. Even if I don't check for an hour or two if it's really important they'll call/text again.

--
Mike

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
I guess your right. If it is important they will call again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This is much as you can do:
Go into Settings > Sounds and make sure New Voicemail, New Text Message, etc. is on. If your phono is on you will hear these sounds. If it is on hold, when you take it off hold, you will see a bubble that says Missed Call, etc.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Seems a minor annoyance to me. *shrug*