Is my issue with Vodafone or Apple please help? Rookie!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cohenb43, Nov 1, 2012.

1. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Hi Guys

Just got my hands on my 1st iPhone, which is the iPhone 5. I have set everything up and have noticed only on white backgrounds a dead pixel. Do i take my new iPhone back to the Vodafone store or take it to Apple?

Will it be sent away and be fixed? or will i get a new replacement or a refurb? would be harsh to get a refurb as its only a day old?

Please help! Thanks

2. Adnams Drinker

Adnams Drinker New Member

My brother had the same issue with his iPhone 5 - in his case, he phoned the local Apple Store, made an appointment and they did a straight swap no questions asked. They just went out the back and grabbed a brand new boxed phone, so he ended up with two Lightning cables, which he was quite chuffed with!

I'm also a Vodafone customer, but unfortunately don't actually have my 5 yet (got to wait until March 2013 :cry: ), but from what I've been able to find out, Vodafone don't handle any iPhone returns themselves, so I'd say give your local Apple Store a call.

3. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Thanks very much for your response. I have managed to get an appointment next Wednesday in the Apple store. Hopefully I will get a new iPhone not a refurb as I will feel slightly hard done by. But hey let's wait and see. Thanks again for your advise.

4. Adnams Drinker

Adnams Drinker New Member

No worries - my bro's had several iPhones and Macs over the years and has always spoken very highly of the Apple Store 'experience' ... he was as amazed as anybody when they did a straight replacement on his dead-pixel 5, as there was a sign near the door that day saying they'd got no 5's in stock. Turns out at times like these they always keep a few back to cover returns/warranty claims.

Like you, my 5 will be my first iPhone - my current Android is seriously showing its age!

5. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

I went to my local Apple store yesterday to try and get some info before my appointment on Wednesday. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and did advise that they would do a straight swap on my iPhone. Very happy with that outcome and like your brother can only praise Apple!