is my phone broke :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I can't hear out of the speaker any more it just started today. Can't hear on calls or voicemails. I can only communicate through speakerphone. Should i try a restore?

I DO modify.... If that matters. Someone help? Im sad :(

Oct 19, 2007
I can't hear out of the speaker any more it just started today. Can't hear on calls or voicemails. I can only communicate through speakerphone. Should i try a restore?

I DO modify.... If that matters. Someone help? Im sad :(
This is a known issue with some iPhones, Try putting the headset back into the jack and pulling it out a few times, that should resolve your issue.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This problem is very common and usually the headjack thing works so always try that first before restoring. I am glad it worked for you.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
The same thing happened to me. I tried the jack trick like 20 times and nothing. I called Apple care, they gave me the speal about sending it in and getting a loaner phone (at no charge though). I told the guy I would try a restore, and hung up. I got on the forums, saw that the jack trick usually worked, and then did it again. This time I inserted the jack around 5 times in a row, rather quickly, and now it works fine.

My google maps app went crazy the other day to and I had to restore it. Man, when the bugs come, the infest...