Is my phone jailbroken?

1. SuperHero1941

SuperHero1941 New Member

1. How do I know if my phone has been jailbroken?
    2. How can I see third party apps installed on my phone?
    3. Will doing a restore in iTunes remove third party apps as well as un-jailbreak my phone?
    4. Can third party apps be installed on my phone if it has never been jailbroken?

So, for a couple of months now, I have suspected my girlfriend of adding spyware to my iPhone4. At first I thought, "whatever." I don't do anything wrong so nothing for her to find. But, lately it bothers me more and more because she will "randomly" ask me about things that I just discussed with someone in text message or ask me about something I was just doing in an app. It bugs.

Thanks for your help

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

1. If you see a brown cydia icon on your homescreen, then your phone will be JB.
    2. The discussion of 3rd party apps is is forbidden on this forum.
    3. A restore will erase all traces of any jb.
    4. As mentioned in reply to question 2, the discussion of 3rd party apps is forbidden.
    Something which might help is to put a passcode lock on your phone, that way she won't be able to look at your messages or use your phone. Besides if you're not doing anything wrong, then she has nothing to worry about. Tell her to stop being so paranoid.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

2 - 3rd party apps arent disallowed, the discussion of cracked apps is disallowed, 3rd party apps are Cydia apps. A list of third party apps can be found through Cydia if you have it installed.

There is no "bug" apps currently able to run in the background on your phone that you are concerned about AFAIK.

5. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

iNinja
    13 Sep 2011 12:41
    PinkBanana said:
    2 - 3rd party apps arent disallowed, the discussion of cracked apps is disallowed, 3rd party apps are Cydia apps. A list of third party apps can be found through Cydia if you have it installed.

That's what I meant to say lol.