is my plan "qualifying" for an iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pab277

Aug 1, 2007
i have officially decided to drive one hour to my local Apple store and buy an iPhone tommarow, but i have two questions, is my plan qualifying for an iPhone?

i am a current AT&T customer, i am an additional line on a family plan of 4 phones. we have this plan "FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes" from when it used to be cingular. can an iPhone data plan be added to this?

i got my current phone a year ago. it has 200 sms text messages and insurance plans. when i activate my iPhone (if i can), would these two things be replaced with the iPhone data plan? or do i have to call to cancel insurance?

B

bschizz

i have officially decided to drive one hour to my local Apple store and buy an iPhone tommarow, but i have two questions, is my plan qualifying for an iPhone?

i am a current AT&T customer, i am an additional line on a family plan of 4 phones. we have this plan "FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes" from when it used to be cingular. can an iPhone data plan be added to this?

i got my current phone a year ago. it has 200 sms text messages and insurance plans. when i activate my iPhone (if i can), would these two things be replaced with the iPhone data plan? or do i have to call to cancel insurance?
Yes, your plan will qualify, even if you only got your phone a year ago. You will have to extend your current contract 2 years from the day you purchase your iPhone.

Yes, an iPhone data plan can be added. It includes the text messaging already, so you'll drop the individual SMS plan.

And no, you won't be able to keep your insurance plan. AT&T does not currently offer insurance on the iPhone.

Sep 25, 2007
Massachusetts

I also have a Family Plan like yours and I was able to switch to an iPhone easily. My previous $9.99 Messaging/Internet plan was replaced with the $20 iPhone data plan. This automatically happened during the activation process through iTunes. I did not have any insurance. The process was very easy.