Is My Speaker Blown?

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Often times when I'm on a call the speaker sounds like it's blown. I would have to turn my volume almost all the way down for the other end to sound clear. Is this common? Or can someone explain why this may be happening. Thanks in advance.

ballsonface12

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
Seattle
No, I don't think its blown. Does it do that when you listen to music or just during phone calls? If its just phone calls then I would say that is because of static/not that good of reception.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Often times when I'm on a call the speaker sounds like it's blown. I would have to turn my volume almost all the way down for the other end to sound clear. Is this common? Or can someone explain why this may be happening. Thanks in advance.

Are you jailbroken or unLocked?

Are you using your headset?

Try using them and make a call and see if the sound is clear now.

Listen to music, how is that with the headphones.

Always leave your headset in till you put the phone in sleep mode. Make a habit to only put them in or take them out in sleep mode.

If this does not help, then the phone is bad.

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Thanks for your responses. I guess I should have provided more info. My phone is neither jail broken or unlocked. I'm not using a headset. This is only when I'm on a call and holding the phone up to my ear.

As far as the speaker when I'm listening to music. I'm also getting the same effect but not so bad when I adjusted the EQ settings.

Like I said it only happens on some calls not all. If it keeps happening I will for sure take it in. And I should probably add. It happens most when I'm talking to my wife and she also has an iPhone. The sound is like it's blaring into my ear. I've searched other forums but never really found what I was looking for. For those who has had experience with a blown speaker, does the sound just cut out or does it sound muffled like when a car speaker has blown out.

Thanks again guys. I'm still learning!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well then the problem is the EQ settings, put them back to default and try it now.

Thanks for your responses. I guess I should have provided more info. My phone is neither jail broken or unlocked. I'm not using a headset. This is only when I'm on a call and holding the phone up to my ear.

As far as the speaker when I'm listening to music. I'm also getting the same effect but not so bad when I adjusted the EQ settings.

Like I said it only happens on some calls not all. If it keeps happening I will for sure take it in. And I should probably add. It happens most when I'm talking to my wife and she also has an iPhone. The sound is like it's blaring into my ear. I've searched other forums but never really found what I was looking for. For those who has had experience with a blown speaker, does the sound just cut out or does it sound muffled like when a car speaker has blown out.

Thanks again guys. I'm still learning!

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I see what you mean. But will the EQ setting under IPOD work the same for making phone calls too?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I see what you mean. But will the EQ setting under IPOD work the same for making phone calls too?

That could be. I would just put the default settings in to see if it corrects it. If it dosn't then something is wrong with you little baby. Time for a checkup with Dr. Apple.:laugh2: