Is push working?

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Is anyone having any luck with push email, contacts and calendar events?

I have fully set up MobileMe, my MacBook and my iPhone as per Apple's instructions.

My understand is that within a few seconds after sending an email to my MobileMe account, or adding or changing a contact on either the phone, the MacBook or on MobileMe, all three should be updated automatically.

It seems, however, that the only way anything is syncing, is if I plug my phone into the computer and launch iTunes. I DON'T hit sync, once I launch iTunes, it auto-syncs, but I have to LAUNCH iTunes to get anything to happen.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like push to me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
So just to be clear, you went into your iPhone Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/.me account/and enabled Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks. And also went to Settings/Fetch New Data and turned on Push?

I have exchange and mobileme bookmarks push enabled and I know through various tests that they are all working.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Its all working for me but the contacts are taking a lil longer to show up on the me.com site

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
So just to be clear, you went into your iPhone Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/.me account/and enabled Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks. And also went to Settings/Fetch New Data and turned on Push?

I have exchange and mobileme bookmarks push enabled and I know through various tests that they are all working.
Yes, indeed. All done as you described.