Is RIM dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris, Jun 28, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Should we prepare for an influx of new iPhone users switching from BlackBerry? They cannot come back from this right? I mean, how do you continuously push out new hardware/software. Q1 of 2013 will be talking about a new, new iPhone. iPhone 6, iPhone 7. Whatever it's being called then, we'll seriously be talking about the seventh gen iPhone that's coming out in a matter of months.

I wonder how many switch to Android? I wonder what the decision process of a typical BlackBerry user is for making the switch. I'd say they lean towards high quality hardware. Say what you will about RIM's downward cycle, I've always felt they made great hardware. Good, solid phones. It was the software, or lack of that let them down.

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I would think there are two features that weigh in heavily; a phone with a physical keyboard and BBM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I know BBM is big, but how does iMessage compare?

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

In 7 years....we will be posting "Is Apple dead?"

But yes, I think RIM is dead. It will be like webOS.

5. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

RIM, RIP just like Palm. There is an excellent article in today's Wall Street Journal analyzing what went wrong at RIM. I stayed with the Palm Treo waiting for it's replacement. Apple, with the iPhone 2 met my needs and I made the switch. I did not own a single Apple product. We now have in our home 1 iMac, MacBook Pro, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

How does RIM expect to keep up with all the new devices that are released on a daily basis and then decide to push there device out to 2013? I have been a BB user for the past 7 years and can probably count on 1 hand how many times I have used BBM. I do occasionally text, but I only use the texting app so I don't have to switch between apps for non BB users to text. I despise using my BB because I can't stand typing on the physical keyboard so my email replies are typically very short. IMO RIM's ship can't sink fast enough to finally get my company to abandon ship and switch platforms. I already have an iPhone so I would prefer an Android device so I can have both experiences.