Is Scenario Poker the first iPhone app available?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
I read the same thing today too. And eveyone was afraid that Apple was not going to allow third party apps. I guess my first post on third party apps. Was right. I wonder why? Maybe people will start listing now.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It made its way up to the Top 5, probably due to the inclusion of iPhone support. I wonder if it is wishful thinking on the developers part.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I (don't) wonder if we'll see a rush of widgets that are "designed for the size of iPhone's touch screen." Of course the fact that it's 320 x 480 has no bearing on whether it will ever see the inside of an iPhone.

-K

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's my belief that Widgets are the immediate future of mobile computing on smartphones. Palm talked the other day about creating simple web apps that enhance your web experience. Hmmmm.. on the desktop, those are widgets (or whatever Micro$oft is calling their widgets). Makes sense. Why force feed sites that are designed for desktops into a tiny screen. In some cases, you'll want to access a site. However, I bet it's not so hard to figure out what's important to end users. There are already mobile friendly apps that do something similar (Handmark). Even with EVDO, the web experience on the Treo is not like your desktop and maybe that's not going to happen in the short term. That's ok thought, because most of our needs can be handled via Widgets. You have your Treo or iPhone and need to track Fedex. No problem, download a small FEDEX widget. Are you a sports guy, we have the ESPN widget, optimized for your iPhone.

Take any of the web based widgets and mobilize them. I bet that will meet the needs of most mobile users and enhance the experience since they will be "lightweight" and fast.

-Chris

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
I think you are right on that one. Everyone and their brother is going to try and jump on the widget band wagon. I know i will... yet to get it on the iPhone your going to have to submit it to Apple first. I do wonder if they will let the consumer maket submit them too.