Is Siri a toy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Siri is a fun feature. You talk to your phone, it talks back. I like it, but is it really useful? Probably the most frequent uses for it will be finding gas stations, etc. You talk to it, it looks up the info, then you need to click on the gas station you like to get directions on the map. All that takes time. Its quicker to open up maps yourself and type in gas. Its always quicker to do a map search or google search for what you want. Yeah, Siri does it for you, but I don't really see myself using it often. Do you guys here actually use Siri often?

I do like my 4s, I'm just not a big fan of Siri.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Siri can set reminders for you, add appointments to the calendar, call & text people in your contact list, email- send and read them. That's just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Siri can set reminders for you, add appointments to the calendar, call & text people in your contact list, email- send and read them. That's just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.
I know what it can do, but its faster to just do it yourself. The novelty factor of talking to your phone, then waiting for it to get your info is likely going to get old pretty quick. I never used the previous voice controls to call people, but I'm not giving up on Siri. I'll keep using it to see if I find it useful.

I do see potential in it for texting while driving, unfortunately it still makes way too many mistakes to rely on it to send texts out.

Shaun

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
I love it. I walk a lot with headphones on listening to music. I can here texts and reply but the real magic is asking Siri to play a particular album, genre, playlist or even track. You tell me you can dig your phone out of your pocket, open the music app, scroll through and find the track as quick and I'll give you my 4s for free.

Techster

Sep 2, 2011
Look, if Siri is only a beta now and thus far it's this good, imagine another couple of years? Our phones could be our personal shoppers or God knows what! Pretty cool of you ask me considering this time 4 years ago on the original iPhone you couldn't copy and paste, multitask and there was no app store! Progress is good.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2009
I love it. I walk a lot with headphones on listening to music. I can here texts and reply but the real magic is asking Siri to play a particular album, genre, playlist or even track. You tell me you can dig your phone out of your pocket, open the music app, scroll through and find the track as quick and I'll give you my 4s for free.
Give you that, but it's not as fast if you have a poor signal or no signal or when Siri is down.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
...but the real magic is asking Siri to play a particular album, genre, playlist or even track. You tell me you can dig your phone out of your pocket, open the music app, scroll through and find the track as quick and I'll give you my 4s for free.
I'll give Siri credit, it is good for that (y)