Is Siri getting dumber?

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
When it first came out, I couldn't sing it's virtues enough. It was great; I had very rarely experienced difficulty in getting Siri to do exactly as I asked. But lately, it's getting whacky. Example: "Remind me to put the platter into the oven at 6:00 PM" gets transcribed as "Put Clara into the oven at 6:00 PM". Try again, it gives me: "Put Schlatter into the oven at 6:00 PM". Once more: "Put Hannah into the oven at 6:00 PM". There was one or two more before I gave up and typed it in manually.

Has Siri gone cannibal?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
This has happened to me before and I chalked it up to my speech pattern. I had a cold and while I thought I was speaking clearly enough, it turns out i wasn't. I waited and restated my question and she got it the fifth time after I waited about two minutes.

I thought something was happening with the program as well, but I have to remember to speak clearly. It is true that she is fallible so it could have been her bad and my bad. I know in the morning my voice is crappy so I never bother with her then.

But you could be having an issue with Siri. Call Apple, and open a case if she's messing up consistently. I would. In fact, I wanted to, but whew I found it to be my bad, I didn't call. But you probably should if it is the program messing up.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Well besides it happens always to me
She forgot words she understood prior I had son try and it kept saying it wrong we kept changing phrases and still
But she also does not answer as she did before she has alzheimers ?

Reactions: Mommy

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
My thoughts are that since all these iPhone 4 and 3GS' are running Siri though jailbreaking, it's hurting Siri's servers. I don't have any proof, but Siri has performed like crap for me since tweaks like spire have been released.