Is Tethering ever possible...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I wonder if iPhone would ever have a tethering option. It would be great, since the cable charges the phone, no need to worry about how long you are on.

Just a thought. :)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I don't think this version we have will ever be able to tether but thats just my opinion.. maybe in near future? The phone isn't even fast enough (network wise) to even surf on a laptop in my opinion.. I tether with my blackberry thats pretty quick at like 1mb or 2mb someitmes...

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I think tethering could be possible with this version; I really need it. And the speed will be better than dial-up. Guess we've forgotten what that used to be like. :laugh2:

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I would also like to be able to tether. There are soo many small features like this missing, its pretty surprising actually. Hopefully Apple will address most of these issues with software updates.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
If you don't mind me asking...what is tethering? ... ya iam a noob :(
Using the cellphone as a wireless "modem/router" to connect another computer to the internet. They might make that available... maybe. I doubt it though.

There are some DSL customers on the "boundaries" running max 384k who might just cancel their DSL if they could get a reliable 100k via tethering with an unlimted data package on their $600 / $60 a month phone. :laugh2:

Never know though. They do it with other phones they sell... for a price.