Is Tethering Worth $55/month?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I saw the news posted up about AT&T possibly offering tethering service for $55/month...is it worth it? Let me know your thoughts

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
yes because i had saw that too and i was highly pissed lol...i wont even use tethering but what if i did...55!....a month! no way...better be a rumor lol

JazzyJeff

Jun 19, 2009
That has to be a false rumor as compare that price to all other feature prices and all other carriers and no one except the stupid and rich, would go for that.

I just came from being an 8-year avid Win Mobile user and the 3G-S pushed me over the edge. Loving the phone. So much more productive than WinMobil crap (was using an HTC Fuze with WinMobile 6.5 ROM!). Never going back to Windows now. And with a quick search, was able to enable tethering on the phone and successfuly use it within 5 minutes. We'll see if AT&T recognizes it. I was tethering my WinMobile phones for years without paying the tethering charge, althought it was only occasionally - not like I was using my phone for my home Internet connection!

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
just get a wifi card for your laptop, they are free after rebate, i am on a 49.99 monthly plan, and i use it every day, its small its fast and it wont kill your phones battery