Is the 16GB model better than the 8GB model?

Feb 24, 2008
obviously i am new, and looking into an iPhone. i have been excited to get one since i first found out about it. now i am not sure if i should wait or i should go out now and go get one. I also heard 16gb is better in some way beside memory.. or is the same? thanks in advance,
iPhonedave

Keagle

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
16GB is the same with more memory - supposedly. I've got a 16GB one. Never had an 8 or 4.

EDIT: Go out and get one. I was considering waiting, but I love mine. Only had it since yesterday.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
There is no difference in the 16gb except memory. It could be awhile before V2 is released. I even read a rumor that it might be early next year before it is brought out. The ultimate decision is yours to make, but I know how much fun I have had with mine, so I would say go for it.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
The only time memory could become a factor is after the the SDK is released. There is no indication how memory intensive some applications could become.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I say go get it. You are Shur to love it! As for the 16 gb, I don't think there is any diff besides more memory as well.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The only time memory could become a factor is after the the SDK is released. There is no indication how memory intensive some applications could become.
Did I miss something here.:) Some people can fill up 16 gigs with music and movies real quick. There are a lot of factors where memory can make a difference. People gave up their 8gb for the 16gb because they needed more space.