is the 3G screen less sensitive/responsive ?

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
it may be my mind but I'm finding that when surfing, the screen sometimes doesn't register my finger inputs, hopefully this is a software bug because asim typing this topic the keyboard is very reactive.Have any of you guys had a similar experience with the 3g?

Cheers

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I wouldn't say they were neither any more sensitive or responsive than the other
-I do know that the iPhone 3G used the same, if not same quality screen as the iPod touch and they are all glass so Im not really sure what the problem could be other than your just not pressing the option as good as you thought you were:eek:

But just keep trying and testing it out and if all else fails take your iPhone to an Apple store or contact them via phone about your problem :)

Good Luck man;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
it may be my mind but I'm finding that when surfing, the screen sometimes doesn't register my finger inputs, hopefully this is a software bug because asim typing this topic the keyboard is very reactive.Have any of you guys had a similar experience with the 3g?

Cheers
While surfing when it doesn't register, it may be just that when you are trying to move around on a page, its still loading so theres a little lag. You shouldnt have it if the page is fully loaded.

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
maybe....I just don't ever remembering having this prob on V1. It mostly happens when I try to 'click' a link within a webpage....I have to keep touching the link to get it to register - yet the pop up keyboard is as responsive as V1 so it can't be a hardware prob with the iPhone. Even if I am zoomed in to the link to make sure I'm touching the correct area sometimes it is very unresponsive......hopefully it will sort itself out

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I have noticed a small lag that comes and goes. I see it most in the contacts/phone app. After you tap the name there is a slight delay. Other than that it looks to be the same.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
maybe....I just don't ever remembering having this prob on V1. It mostly happens when I try to 'click' a link within a webpage....I have to keep touching the link to get it to register - yet the pop up keyboard is as responsive as V1 so it can't be a hardware prob with the iPhone. Even if I am zoomed in to the link to make sure I'm touching the correct area sometimes it is very unresponsive......hopefully it will sort itself out
The 2.0 firmware has a few bugs causing this. It is rumored that an update will come out soon that will hopefully fix this and the other issues such as lag time on the screen and opening apps and such.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I agree with dturner - I think it's a firmware issue instead of a hardware issue. My 3G seems to register every touch, but it just takes a while for it to do something with it, compared to my first generation iPhone...

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008

I have this same problem....it happens when clicking on a link when on the net...the link will underline and highlight, so i know i touched it, however, the page will not change. No matter how long i wait. I also had this issue with my touch, but not with my v1 iPhone. Hopefully the update will fix this

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
The 2.0 firmware has a few bugs causing this. It is rumored that an update will come out soon that will hopefully fix this and the other issues such as lag time on the screen and opening apps and such.
thank god, or else I'm going back to 1.1.2 LOL

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
cheers for the replies guys, hopefully they get this sorted, today I'm also getting lots of the browser 'doing' nothing then black screen......then back to home screen. Like as if safari just crashes and bombs me back to home screen- it happened a few times before but today it has done it 6 or 7 already