Is the Air 2 not a big seller?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 1, 2015
I am a new iPad user thanks to a gift. I have been checking out the forums and notice there are on a couple pages and just a handful of threads on the air 2. Is it not a big seller? Did most folks go for the mini or did the iPhone 6 plus take away some regular iPad size sales? Or is it just that most just don't post on the air 2?

I was just curious I guess seeing the small amount of list on it was all

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Oh yes! Europa is correct. I'm too busy enjoying my lovely Space Gray beauty to post about it unless there is a new anomaly with it or a new case purchased. Other than that, the iPad Air 2 is so problem free for me there is nothing for me to talk about unless, like I said, I buy it a new outfit or two. This weekend I did just that so I'll post about that.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
Apart from the strange "popping" noise I've experienced, mine is problem (almost) free and just wonderful.

It is just that much of an intuitive device that there does not seem to be many questions needing answers.
So simply enjoy the iPad and if you have any question feel free to ask.
And just so you don't feel alone, I too thought it strange that there seemed to be a lack of posts here after I bought my iPad Air 2.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
So I read today that the iPad is yesterday's news! According to web search hits, the least shopped for Apple product is the iPad. Apples biggest seller is the phone of course, and iPods are still beating iPads . The nail in the iPad coffin was the 6+. Seeing as the 6+ is even bigger that the Air 2 ( I know, I know, I'm being a smart ass) no one wants the iPad anymore.
It almost makes sense,

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So I read today that the iPad is yesterday's news! According to web search hits, the least shopped for Apple product is the iPad. Apples biggest seller is the phone of course, and iPods are still beating iPads . The nail in the iPad coffin was the 6+. Seeing as the 6+ is even bigger that the Air 2 ( I know, I know, I'm being a smart ass) no one wants the iPad anymore.
It almost makes sense,
I'm pretty sure that iPad sales were dropping long before the 6 Plus.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
I'm absolutely loving my iPad Air 2! Is it weird that the best feature to me is the fact that the screen is laminated to the glass, eliminating that tiny air pocket between the two? I absolutely hated the Air 1 because of that and I personally thought it felt cheap, but the Air 2 is where it's at! Touch ID is also nice.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I'm absolutely loving my iPad Air 2! Is it weird that the best feature to me is the fact that the screen is laminated to the glass, eliminating that tiny air pocket between the two? I absolutely hated the Air 1 because of that and I personally thought it felt cheap, but the Air 2 is where it's at! Touch ID is also nice.
YES!! Touch ID on the iPad Air 2 is where it's at! I LOVE IT! I never had the first Air so I'm glad that my 6S+ and my iPad Air 2 both have Touch ID makes handling both devices seamless. Love it!

Nov 1, 2012
My iPad 4 after 2 years and 8 months bites the dust. Had new batteries put in and still will not charge past 85%. Tells me I need to update to 8.4.1 and I do that and the next day it tells me the same thing. Went to my local Apple Store and said time for a new one. Wow! My oldest son and daughter-in-law have older iPads and they work fine..I am leaning towards a iPad Air 2 64gb WiFi + cellular. I hope the new one can last longer than the iPad 4. Advantages & Disadvantages of Air 2 vs. Air, besides what the spec's say??

Nov 1, 2012
Do you have a screen protector on your iPad Air 2?

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
Well here I go again. The moderators are starting to dislike me I think.
Please believe me when I say that I am not trying to be nasty. I'm not trolling. This is honest curiosity. REALLY!
Why all the fuss about screen savers, cases, etc. I have had Apple products since the 3GS and never had anything but the most insignificant blemish. Well, other than the first 3GS. The one and only "case" (not leather sleeve which I do slip my products in and out of) which I bought for that phone scratched the hell out of the bottom back plastic as I had to remove the bottom 1/4 of it to charge it. Scraped it all to Hades! Never again!
iPhone 5, iPods, iPads, Apple watch now, all with no screen savers or "cases" ( not leather sleeve) Never a mark which could be seen without maybe a jewellers loupe.
Is there no one else out there who has had the same results?. I would be very interested in hearing from them.
( feel free to move this as I don't mean to derail the thread)
And if I truly turn out to be the only one, I promise to never go down this road again. (Honest)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well here I go again. The moderators are starting to dislike me I think.
Please believe me when I say that I am not trying to be nasty. I'm not trolling. This is honest curiosity. REALLY!
Why all the fuss about screen savers, cases, etc. I have had Apple products since the 3GS and never had anything but the most insignificant blemish. Well, other than the first 3GS. The one and only "case" (not leather sleeve which I do slip my products in and out of) which I bought for that phone scratched the hell out of the bottom back plastic as I had to remove the bottom 1/4 of it to charge it. Scraped it all to Hades! Never again!
iPhone 5, iPods, iPads, Apple watch now, all with no screen savers or "cases" ( not leather sleeve) Never a mark which could be seen without maybe a jewellers loupe.
Is there no one else out there who has had the same results?. I would be very interested in hearing from them.
( feel free to move this as I don't mean to derail the thread)
And if I truly turn out to be the only one, I promise to never go down this road again. (Honest)
No worries. You haven't done anything wrong and we like you. :) I just misunderstood your other post about the sleeve.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Picked up one for the mother. Target matched Staples $100 off, plus a $65 gift card (for trade-in of her iPad 2), and 5% off with a Target Red Card. Too good a deal to pass up. Basically got free Apple Care + and a few bucks off. Big difference from the iPad 2. She loves it.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
My wife and I have had several iPads, regular & mini, I am now on the Air 2, won it At a raffle. To many iPhones to recall. Zagg screen protectors on all of them and well worth it from my wife's perspective. I don't think I'll put one on the Air2. Don't know why, I am not that hard on the iPads. My hands are small so it's taking some adjustment from the mini 2 but will probably not go back to the mini. Haven't posted in a while. Good to see Napolean is still his charming self.