Is the color on the iPhone 5S important? Do YOU have a preference?

Is the color on the iPhone 5S important? Do YOU have a preference?

• Total voters

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Color almost don't matter if you gonna use cases. It will get cover up in most cases in order to serve and protect. Color only matter when you selling it, and some color more popular than others to the buyer.
So you would just say "no color preference" if you were buying one at an Apple Store?

Most cases still show the black or white glass on the front.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Most people will say the have a color preference until they get their turn after spending all day in line and their color preference is sold out, then suddenly color doesn't matter as long as they are able to buy a phone that day :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Most people will say the have a color preference until they get their turn after spending all day in line and their color preference is sold out, then suddenly color doesn't matter as long as they are able to buy a phone that day :D
They had to care in the first place to have a choice, right? You said color is irrelevant yesterday. Getting one that isn't their first color choice is compromise, not having no preference. They care, just not enough to walk away empty handed after standing in line.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
They had to care in the first place to have a choice, right? You said color is irrelevant yesterday. Getting one that isn't their first color choice is compromise, not having no preference. They care, just not enough to walk away empty handed after standing in line.
Disagree, if they cared, they'd wait as long as required for the right color :p

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Disagree, if they cared, they'd wait as long as required for the right color :p
You don't think many of them would wait? I know a bunch of people here and personally who would not get a white iPhone.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
You don't think many of them would wait? I know a bunch of people here and personally who would not get a white iPhone.
I'm sure many would wait but not most, specially after standing in line all day.

Jun 3, 2010
The color isn't important to me, but I do hope I'm able to get my hands on the silver/white 32gig IP5s. I never camp out or pre-order, so I just hope I'm able to get one next week period :).

Sent using iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Yeah, color is not so important when you have a case for your phone. Black is still going to show markings and scratches... white is just going to be more visible.

Sent using iCafe app

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
That's what I mean, color don't matter when you use case. It only matter when you don't.

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Even with a case color matters in my opinion. I know what color it is inside that case and there may come a day I decide to ditch the case. There are cases that show the color of the phone itself too, like the LifeProof nüüd. While some will take any color available just to have the new device in their hands on launch day, I would hold out for the color I wanted.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I think we should all recognize that whether color is important or not, it's not a matter of fact, it's just opinion.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think we should all recognize that whether color is important or not, it's not a matter of fact, it's just opinion.
Heh. In the other thread you told me (in a matter of fact manner :p) that I was in the minority when I disagreed with your statement that color is irrelevant to most people. Your poll results indicate that most people do indeed have a color preference. They might be willing to compromise and take whatever is in stock, but most do have a preference.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Heh. In the other thread you told me (in a matter of fact manner :p) that I was in the minority when I disagreed with your statement that color is irrelevant to most people. Your poll results indicate that most people do indeed have a color preference. They might be willing to compromise and take whatever is in stock, but most do have a preference.
Yet again you missed the point. I indicated that the color was not important. I found a poll that has over 700 votes showing that most people do not care about color. The poll here does not reflect that with just a few votes. This indicates that color is a matter of preference. It is a matter of opinion. You say color is important?, I disagree, we are both right. If you disagree, then show me what a white phone can do that a black or gold can't and vise-versa, then you may have a compelling argument about the importance of color. Until then, it's all a matter of opinion :p you're really comparing the poll here with the one I shared that had over 700 votes?! LMAO

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yet again you missed the point. I indicated that the color was not important. I found a poll that has over 700 votes showing that most people do not care about color. The poll here does not reflect that with just a few votes. This indicates that color is a matter of preference. It is a matter of opinion. You say color is important?, I disagree, we are both right. If you disagree, then show me what a white phone can do that a black or gold can't and vise-versa, then you may have a compelling argument about the importance of color. Until then, it's all a matter of opinion :p you're really comparing the poll here with the one I shared that had over 700 votes?! LMAO
Please try to stay on track here. It was a simple question: Do most people care about the color? The answer is yes. Why did you start a poll if you intended to disregard the results? The questions in the 2011 poll you posted in the other thread were poorly chosen and the phone wasn't even announced yet so it was difficult for people to even envision it. That's why I suggested starting a poll here with questions that will give more accurate results. There is no ambiguity in them. And just as I thought, the results indicate that they do care by a very wide margin.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Please try to stay on track here. It was a simple question: Do most people care about the color? The answer is yes. Why did you start a poll if you intended to disregard the results? The questions in the 2011 poll you posted in the other thread were poorly chosen and the phone wasn't even announced yet so it was difficult for people to even envision it. That's why I suggested starting a poll here with questions that will give more accurate results. There is no ambiguity in them. And just as I thought, the results indicate that they do care by a very wide margin.
Really?, you are comparing this poll to a similar poll I showed with 10 times as many votes? Don't disregard my earlier poll just because the results contradict your opinion.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Really?, you are comparing this poll to a similar poll I showed with 10 times as many votes? Don't disregard my earlier poll just because the results contradict your opinion.
I will disregard your earlier poll from 2011. It was crap. The questions were poorly choosen and the phone didn't exist. I don't care if it had a million votes. Poorly chosen questions give skewed results. These questions here are good and the iPhone 5S has been announced.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I will disregard your earlier poll from 2011. It was crap. The questions were poorly choosen and the phone didn't exist. I don't care if it had a million votes. Poorly chosen questions give skewed results. These questions here are good and the iPhone 5S has been announced.
Ok so in your opinion the question was crap? I guess I can say your opinion is equally rated in my view. That leaves us where we started, we are both right in OUR opinion.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
Now I feel like I answered the question incorrectly. I will only buy white phones. If they are out of stock-after waiting in line- then I would wait. I would not purchase black.

Sent using iCafe app