Is The Dock Higher On 1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Just upgraded to 1.1.1 and did the AppSnap jailbreak (awesome). I've got summerboard and customize back to the way I had it (5 dock icons, nothing on the springboard, "dock" in the corner, no text labels on the dock)...

Now I am wondering...On this firmware are the icons just slightly higher up? There's a big gap in between my dock icons and the bottom of the screen, even without the dock labels turned on...when I had this configuration on 1.0.2, the dock icons were "sitting" on the bottom of the screen, very small gap between.

Is this just "the way it is" on 1.1.1? Is there anything I can do. I want to get rid of that gap?

Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
found an example!

Just upgraded to 1.1.1 and did the AppSnap jailbreak (awesome). I've got summerboard and customize back to the way I had it (5 dock icons, nothing on the springboard, "dock" in the corner, no text labels on the dock)...

Now I am wondering...On this firmware are the icons just slightly higher up? There's a big gap in between my dock icons and the bottom of the screen, even without the dock labels turned on...when I had this configuration on 1.0.2, the dock icons were "sitting" on the bottom of the screen, very small gap between.

Is this just "the way it is" on 1.1.1? Is there anything I can do. I want to get rid of that gap?
found an example. ignore the differences, notice they are both using plainjanedim. look at where the icons are in relation to the bottom of the screen.

this must be on 1.0.2

and this must be on 1.1.1

see how the icons are higher on the second one? is there any way to get around this on 1.1.1? this is a small thing, but it seriously makes me consider going back down to 1.0.2, that way i can do the volume hack and still have the option of vertical scrolling, though i really do like 1.1.1, my phone feels more solid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I don't mean to be rude, but if your trying to prove something here then you are wasting your time.

You should have used a theme which is much clearer as because the icons are transparent and the backgrounds are different then it's very, very hard to tell! :mad:

I hope that didn't sound rude and abrupt :(

EDIT : The theme i used on both v1.02 and v1.1.1 and it EXACTLY the same. So I'm not sure if either you or someone else have edited the theme perhaps?

Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I don't mean to be rude, but if your trying to prove something here then you are wasting your time.

You should have used a theme which is much clearer as because the icons are transparent and the backgrounds are different then it's very, very hard to tell! :mad:

I hope that didn't sound rude and abrupt :(

EDIT : The theme i used on both v1.02 and v1.1.1 and it EXACTLY the same. So I'm not sure if either you or someone else have edited the theme perhaps?

It did sound a slightly rude, yes. And I am not trying to prove a point, I am just asking for clarification.

Also, I don't mean to be rude either, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the icons on the second image are higher from the bottom of the image of the screen shot. I did mention that you need to ignore the details (i.e. background, etc.) and JUST look at the icons. Seriously, it's not at all "very, very" hard to tell, no need to get upset, just LOOK.

Seriously, right now, take a look at both images. Look at the bottom of each. Look where the DOCK ICONS are in relation to the BOTTOM OF THE IMAGE.

By the way, these aren't my screen shots of my phone, I just used screen shots from different posts in the forum because its obviously not just my phone that this is happening, too.

And no, I didn't edit them, the icons are also higher when I used the default ones, same settings.

I should've specified that these screen shots aren't mine, but I didn't expect a response like this, calm down.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I can see it.

I use the Leopard theme in Summerboard with the clear dock. I like to turn the labels off, but it leaves an ugly gap between the bottom of the screen and the dock.

Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I can see it.

I use the Leopard theme in Summerboard with the clear dock. I like to turn the labels off, but it leaves an ugly gap between the bottom of the screen and the dock.
Yeah, on 1.0.2. the gap wouldn't be there. I had the exact same settings and it was always right on the bottom of the screen.