Is the INVISIBLESHIELD Sticky?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Hey current gen iPhone users using InvisibleShield, is it sticky? Like can I slip it in my geans, easily, and slide it right back out, or will i have to pull as if it were rubber? I hated the rubber case I had and when I get the 3G I want to try a clear skin option so I can see my phone again...what do yall think?

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Yes and No.

Invisible Shield has a slightly tacky feel that is definitely noticeable. It does not slide around in your hand as much as the nekkid phone, and stays put on smooth surfaces a little better.

BUT, it does slide easily in and out of pockets.

I love it - it is really the best of both worlds, more tactile and yet still svelte.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Yes and No.

Invisible Shield has a slightly tacky feel that is definitely noticeable. It does not slide around in your hand as much as the nekkid phone, and stays put on smooth surfaces a little better.

BUT, it does slide easily in and out of pockets.

I love it - it is really the best of both worlds, more tactile and yet still svelte.
great to hear, do you like it better than a case? how was installation? I hear it is a pain....Are there still bubbles, dirt, pubes, etc in it?

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
When I carry in my pocket it is just the Invisible Shield, but when transporting it in a case or bag I put the rubber InCase on. The InCase provides more shock protection. Invisible Shield alone is strong but thin and really wouldn't help to protect against a fall onto concrete or suchlike. It protects more against abrasions.

Fitting... yes well it was a bit painful I admit. I am very happy with the result though - no bubbles or imperfections at all. The corner bits are not ideal though - they are stuck firm enough but the design means you can feel the edges on the iPhone's smooth rounded corners.

During application, I took my time and did not panic as I had done a similar application once before. Allow yourself 30-45 minutes to do it and don't try to hurry. Follow the directions. The material can be manhandled quite a lot during application as long as you keep your fingers wet, so mistakes can be corrected to a certain extent. Anyhow, Google it and you'll find a lot about the application process.

One thought though - I would hesitate to use this product with the 3G - only because of the rounded back. That might make it a bit harder to apply well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
One of my co-workers has this, and I never liked it. To me, the phone never looked right. It looked like it was in a baggy of sorts....