Is the iPhone 4 good without data plan?

snipes1836

Aug 9, 2011
So I want to get the iPhone 4 16GB. I will have a basic calling and texting plan.
So, my question is, is the iPhone 4 still good to get even if I do not have a data plan, so no facebook, web browsing, etc.
I have wifi at my home, so I can only use it there.
Also, I already have a 32GB iPod touch 3rd generation, so is there another phone I should get?
Thanks!

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Since you already have an iPod Touch and don't plan on getting a data plan I don't really see the point in getting an iPhone just for calls and texting.

snipes1836

Aug 9, 2011
Since you already have an iPod Touch and don't plan on getting a data plan I don't really see the point in getting an iPhone just for calls and texting.
So what kind of phone would you recommend?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You'll have to add a data plan. The only way around it is to use a prepaid or pay as you go SIM card.

If you already have an iPod Touch and don't want to add a smartphone data plan, I'd say just stick with the phone you already have.

snipes1836

Aug 9, 2011
You'll have to add a data plan. The only way around it is to use a prepaid or pay as you go SIM card.

If you already have an iPod Touch and don't want to add a smartphone data plan, I'd say just stick with the phone you already have.
Well, I actually don't have a phone right now... So any ideas on which one to get? I was also considering the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not sure. I don't really keep up with the non-smart phones.

Hwc

Oct 4, 2010
I have an iPhone 4 and no data plan. I don't really have a need for since I have wifi at home/work/coffee shops/malls. Although I agree with Europa that since You have a touch. Maybe you should Just get a basic phone I hate carrying around so much stuff. My iPhone 4 is my phone/ camera/notepad/calendar/contacts for email when I get to wifi. Also it's for games to get me busy when I waiting for someone or for movies/music/ texting. Lot's eh! really what's best for you if you don't mind carrying stuff in a backpack or something. I perfer less is better.