Is the iPhone 4 good without data plan?

snipes1836

Aug 9, 2011
So I want to get the iPhone 4 16GB. I will have a basic calling and texting plan.
So, my question is, is the iPhone 4 still good to get even if I do not have a data plan, so no facebook, web browsing, etc.
I have wifi at my home, so I can only use it there.
Also, I already have a 32GB iPod touch 3rd generation, so is there another phone I should get?
Thanks!

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Since you already have an iPod Touch and don't plan on getting a data plan I don't really see the point in getting an iPhone just for calls and texting.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You'll have to add a data plan. The only way around it is to use a prepaid or pay as you go SIM card.

If you already have an iPod Touch and don't want to add a smartphone data plan, I'd say just stick with the phone you already have.

snipes1836

Aug 9, 2011
You'll have to add a data plan. The only way around it is to use a prepaid or pay as you go SIM card.

If you already have an iPod Touch and don't want to add a smartphone data plan, I'd say just stick with the phone you already have.
Well, I actually don't have a phone right now... So any ideas on which one to get? I was also considering the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.

Hwc

Oct 4, 2010
I have an iPhone 4 and no data plan. I don't really have a need for since I have wifi at home/work/coffee shops/malls. Although I agree with Europa that since You have a touch. Maybe you should Just get a basic phone I hate carrying around so much stuff. My iPhone 4 is my phone/ camera/notepad/calendar/contacts for email when I get to wifi. Also it's for games to get me busy when I waiting for someone or for movies/music/ texting. Lot's eh! really what's best for you if you don't mind carrying stuff in a backpack or something. I perfer less is better.