Is the iPhone Just a Hoax?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pete101

Dec 12, 2006
Seing how the iPhone has been talked about since 2002, I am beginning to wonder if this time it will be for real or if it is just a bunch of hype and rumors with no truth.

Is it possible that Apple still does not have plans to release an iPhone and we are all just speculating?

HMMM!

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
Well I guess it could very well still be all rumor as no one from Apple has said a word one way or another about this product and nobody has yet to be able to get solid information as to the exact specs.

I am sure they are working on it in some way but maybe they are not as far along as everyone thinks!

Gil857

Dec 17, 2006
You know, even if it is just a rumor that has gotten out of hand, and there was never any intention of making the iPhone - Apple would be smart to just go ahead and make one based on the rumors. With all the buzz and talk about it - its like free advertising. I think it would be an instant success for Apple.

idannyb

Dec 15, 2006
You know, even if it is just a rumor that has gotten out of hand, and there was never any intention of making the iPhone - Apple would be smart to just go ahead and make one based on the rumors. With all the buzz and talk about it - its like free advertising. I think it would be an instant success for Apple.
Oh there WILL be a cell phone from Apple ... Bet on it! And the odds are good for a Mac World launch or soon thereafter. In fact there will almost certainly be multiple phone models from Apple ... 1st a "phone enabled" iPod and then likely a smart-phone in late '07 or early '08.

Apple cannot let the competition continue to build new and innovative cell/PDA/MP3 phones. The iPod is cool, :cool: but the threat from the cellphone/PDA industry is real :eek: (carrying one device IS better than two). Apple has to respond! But that is good news for Apple fans (include me)! The cellphone market is HUGE (see my post on cell marketsize) and Apple has clearly demonstrated that they can build cool looking hardware that operates on superior "easy to use" software. OS X.5 will be incorporated in many new Apple products ... phone included. At the risk of being flip ... "It's the software stupid." This comment is not directed to anyone - just emphasizing what separates Apple from "the rest" and makes them the best!