Is the ride over?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
This...
the article said:
Chalk it up to the fact that the Curve is available on the four biggest U.S. carriers, not to mention a two-for-one sale on Verizon Wireless.
...but also the fact that corporate America supplements its workers with BBs more than any other phone mfgr.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I can't even imagine the numbers if Apple ever decides a 2 for 1 deal just with AT&T. Blackberry needs 4 carriers & give them away for free to get ahead. Sad.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
How about 3Gs for $99? Summer is a comin'...

Lots of people will say "I don't need HD video on my iPhone..."

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i threw my friends blackberry curve out the window and asked him "how you like dem Apples?"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You must be a lot of fun to hang out with Pepe :D

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If an iPhone HD (or similar) is released in June then i cant see it being long before it is the number 1 smartphone again. Like Dave said...$99 iPhone? Cachiiiiing! $$$

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have no use for an HD iPhone...I have 4 or 5 movies on it now that I never have the time to watch. :(

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^somehow i've never been arrested. kicked out of many venues, but never arrested. i'm amazed to this day :)

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
...but also the fact that corporate America supplements its workers with BBs more than any other phone mfgr.
Not in this case, though. The quoted survey was for consumer users only, and deliberately left out those who were given by and/or use their phone for businesss.

In other words, the Curve sold to more everyday consumers than any other smartphone. And the other Blackberry rankings were also for consumers alone.

RIM consistently sells double what Apple sells, when you count all models and both enterprise and consumer users. This hasn't changed no matter what the prices were.

The difference right now is that individual Blackberries are doing extremely well. It would not be surprising if the Storm overtook the iPhone in the next few months as well, since we're up against the usual Apple drop in sales in Spring.

Then, come July and a new iPhone, its sales will take over for a few months again.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Not in this case, though. The quoted survey was for consumer users only, and deliberately left out those who were given by and/or use their phone for businesss.
You're right I missed that part, thanks for clarifying.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Interesting article. This has been brought up in other threads by me and others. I hate the fact that you can't buy a phone and choose the carrier that you want. I would still pick ATT, but I know that isn't the case with tons of other people. Phones being tied to a carrier is old school and needs to be changed.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
^^^^

I agree. AT&T would be fine if they had good service in all locations. But all cities and locales have a carrier that excels, and AT&T does not excel in all places.