Is the T-Mobile iPhone 6 same as the AT&T iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by nealh, Sep 23, 2014.

1. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I'm a novice understanding this issue. They are both GSM but are they same exact hardware?

2. Scottman9899

Scottman9899 New Member

I would believe they have the same hardware. But they would be locked to that carrier and cannot be switched until the phone is unlocked.once it's unlocked, you're free to move about the gsm carriers :)

3. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

Thanks. I'm thinking of getting a contract free T-Mobile phone from the Apple store which are reportedly unlocked.
    I use AT&T but can't buy the phone out right for personal pick up from what I can see from any source

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I have the contract free tmobile and its obviously unlocked. I like the fact that I can click on the tethering option without carrier approval. Other than being unlocked, I'm sure they're the same.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, they are the same hardware. The contract-free T-Mobile iPhones are unlocked and will work on any worldwide GSM carrier including AT&T. I would buy choose the T-Mobile iPhone over the AT&T because then you don't have to go through AT&T to get it unlocked, which you would be eligible for since you're paying full cost.

6. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

thank you very much

7. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I got it ordered for pick up...woot