is there a better way to upgrade to 1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I got mine working but it was a long annoying process, i read there's an easier "website" way of getting a 1.1.1 phone activated.

any ideas? cos I want to restore my phone back to 1.0.2 because it's just been very slow lately and I don't have almost anything installed

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I got mine working but it was a long annoying process, i read there's an easier "website" way of getting a 1.1.1 phone activated.

any ideas? cos I want to restore my phone back to 1.0.2 because it's just been very slow lately and I don't have almost anything installed
If you have unlocked the phone (to other GSM Networks) then you should virginize your baseband before doing the upgrade.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I Did it with iPhonesimfree I read devirginizing isn't necessary if you used simfree

Is that true?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Lets say i used anysim and then decided to upgrade to 1.1.1 without revigninizing, what would happen?
I've heard that it can make your phone a brick :sick:. I never took the gamble and made sure i virginized first ;).

It's upto you if you wanna risk $400 lol.

EDIT : I'm more than sure i seen a post around here of someone saying they had upgraded to v1.1.1 and tryed to run anysim and it said it was already unlocked (even though it becomes re-locked when upgrading). Perhaps this is what people meant?

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I've heard that it can make your phone a brick :sick:. I never took the gamble and made sure i virginized first ;).

It's upto you if you wanna risk $400 lol.

EDIT : I'm more than sure i seen a post around here of someone saying they had upgraded to v1.1.1 and tryed to run anysim and it said it was already unlocked (even though it becomes re-locked when upgrading). Perhaps this is what people meant?

No no, the thing is I already have 1.1.1 working and i didn't devirginize it, it's working fine all I want to know is why the phone seems a bit slower than usual