Is there a connector for this?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Sweething09, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sweething09

Sweething09 New Member

Hi there I have a car without a cigarette lighter fitted - I have a stereo with aux in - is there an adaptor that I can get that I can plug into the aux in and charge the phone at the same time? I have an aux cable that plugs into stereo and headphone slot though does not charge - any advise greatly welcomed. Thanks.

Sweething09

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think you need two cables, which is how I do it in my car. I have a standard lighter car charger and use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the car.

I guess you could use something like this USB Line Out Dock Cable with 3.5mm audio charger/cable.

They claim the audio quality is better through the jack.

3. Sweething09

Sweething09 New Member

Thanks for that.... Can you have a look at this cable for me also and let me know if it would do the same thing or is it solely for the making of music?
    http://store.apple.com/xc/product/H4990ZM/B
    Many thanks.

Sweething09

4. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

That's for input into the iPhone, iPad. Not to mention, it's super expensive.

You have to use your aux on your stereo for music input and your cigarette lighter for the charging. I think the cable referenced above, along with a standard cigarette iPhone charger is what you need. The only benefit is one cable that splits, along with having music outputted from the dock connector vs the 3.5mm headset jack.

#4 Christopher Meinck, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  5. Sweething09

Sweething09 New Member

Thanks for the info.... My car is very basic and doesn't come with a lighter 12v.... Would that be the only way I could charge phone?
    Again many thanks.

Sweething09

6. ch66

ch66 New Member

Buy a lighter at the auto parts store, two wires fuse, mount it and done. New lighter