IS THERE A GPS TRACKER ACCESSORIE

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by CKN NZ, Feb 10, 2012.

1. CKN NZ

CKN NZ New Member

I have a lot of dogs that I walk through the park and need some sort of tracking device for there collars and be able to monitor them on my iPhone 3GS.

ARE THERE TRACKING DEVICES I COULD USE?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Yes. They are called leashes. :)
    I don't think there are readily available and cheap available to the general public tracking devices.

3. CKN NZ

CKN NZ New Member

Ok thank you

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Actually, there are. I'm not sure where though.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

That doesn't really help.
    A link perhaps?

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Just buy them an iPhone each, clip it to their collar and track them with find my friends on the app store.

7. CKN NZ

CKN NZ New Member

Haha yes I might have too, I hope there waterproof cause they like the river aswell.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Sorry, I just thought it was funny :D
    to answer your question, I've never heard of that even though it sounds like a cool idea. Sounds expensive thou.

9. CKN NZ

CKN NZ New Member

I'm new and unique to this app and I'm stoked I got it cause theres so much I need to learn about my phone.
    Whats jailbreak?

10. msAdele

msAdele Guest

Here's what Wikipedia and an article at PC World say about jailbreaking:

"iOS jailbreaking, or simply jailbreaking, is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through use of custom kernels. Such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and 2nd Gen Apple TV. Jailbreaking allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing iOS users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store. Jailbreaking is a form of privilege escalation, and the term has been applied to privilege escalation on other computer systems as well. The name refers to breaking the device out of its "jail."

Mike Keller (February 13, 2012). "Geek 101: What Is Jailbreaking?". Geek Tech. PCWorld. Retrieved February 15, 2012.