Is there a jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1 iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by beeutiful43, Dec 17, 2012.

1. beeutiful43

beeutiful43 New Member

Can some one please tell me if a jailbreak is available for IOS 6.0.1 iPhone 4S?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

3. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

No, it will be weeks, or months. I have not read or heard of anyone even being remotely close to creating an Untethered Jailbreak.

4. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

There is a jailbreak available I think (I may be wrong :unsure:) but it is tethered.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

To me once the Devs fall behind beyond the life cycle of a device, then JB will be pointless (for me)

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well, that's never happened. Not even close.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Not yet, it looks to me we are headed there if the trend continues.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, if it does, we'll deal with it and move on. Not worth losing sleep over. First world problems.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

True.

10. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

My theory (read: hope) is that the devs are on the verge of a release and keeping it nicely under wraps until the kinks are ironed out. It's not in their genetic makeup to give up. If it can be built by man it can, and will, be broken by man, all in good time. And by good time I mean the Winter Solstice or New Calendar Year! :)

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it doesn't. We aren't even close to September 2013.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Until a JB is released, we are getting there. With no updates provided by the Devs one can reasonably assume we are not close to a release date thus we are most definitely heading there :)

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I hope you are right! I do want to JB before I move on to the next gen lol

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's some interesting logic you're using there. It's kinda like saying a living cat is already dead just because you can't be certain it will still be alive in September. You jumped the gun every time you said jailbreaking was dead. It is not dead yet and you do not know it will die this year. I'm not sure why you're so bent on it happening. The jailbreaks are increasingly difficult to make. We just need to be patient.

You're wrong about no updates. They do speak about it a little bit. The problem is they can't go into too much detail until they get closer because the jailbreak community has a sense of entitlement and impatience and they start trying to pin them down to a specific release date.

And if you knew a lot about the history of jailbreaking, you'd know that we have seen several jailbreak tools pop up out of nowhere. Independent hackers don't always keep us updated on their progress.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

My logic is sound, I see a pattern, every year the delay increases, it it's reasonable to assume that IF the trend continues, then we may loose the benefit of jailbreaking. To clarify, I do not want this to happen, I am a fan of jailbreaking :)

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your logic is not sound. Do I need to quote all the times you've said it's already dead? That's the tone of someone who has lost all hope, and the devs are not at that point. This jailbreak hasn't even taken longer than the 4S jailbreak yet. Of course they may give up all together at some point, but they HAVEN'T yet.

And of course it will stop at some point. iPhones will stop at some point. It's no great prophecy to predict that jailbreaking will die in the future. You're just calling it way too soon.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

One thing you're right on, I'm loosing hope lol

18. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The company I work for have decided to give the engineering department Samsung Galaxy S 2's. If I can't jailbreak my iPhone 5 soon, I'll root the crap out of the Samsung to get my fix :p

19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Go for it! Lol

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Horse dead. Still beating it.