is there a Need to camp out?

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
I was kinda hoping that i wouldn't have to camp out and that i could just preorder online and receive it the day it came out. Do you think i might have to camp out? lol looks like i might have to take work off on the 29th...oh and if your in the orlando or longwood area are u camping out?

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I was kinda hoping that i wouldn't have to camp out and that i could just preorder online and receive it the day it came out. Do you think i might have to camp out? lol looks like i might have to take work off on the 29th...oh and if your in the orlando or longwood area are u camping out?
i want the phone on the 29th but i think im gonna take my chances and order online

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
You underestimate the number of Apple fan boys(and girls) in each major geographical area.:cool:

Apple fan boys > first supply of iPhones

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
A couple sources are pointing that Apple plans to have 3 million phones available at launch.

That seems a little high but if that's the case, then there should be no problem getting one.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Also, take into consideration that any online orders will potentially ship direct from a single location in China. That means a couple of days before it gets here.

I'd imagine supply via online will be very good but I bet you'll just have to wait a little longer to git yer grubby hands on the thing. If you think you can wait the extra time without having an aneurism, then online is a great option.

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
I live in Casselberry, and was going to camp out but I'm also going on vacation the day before to Atlanta, so I plan on camping out in Atlanta.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Well if the 3 million iPhones being available claim at launch holds true, then camping won't be necessary.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
you know wat would be AWESOME! if he said "...And we will be presaleing starting today!" lol i wish...but i hope he sheds some light on the plan and how much its going to cost to use the iPhone

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
im in that area as well. UCF/WP/maitland/altamonte.. im willing to head into any of those areas for the phone... do you know of any solid corporate stores around there that you think will definitely have iPhones? i cant decide where i want to go for the phone

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
im in that area as well. UCF/WP/maitland/altamonte.. im willing to head into any of those areas for the phone... do you know of any solid corporate stores around there that you think will definitely have iPhones? i cant decide where i want to go for the phone
Im pretty sure the Cingular (now ATT) store next to the publix across the street from the altamonte mall is going to have a good supply...i'm most likely going to go to that one but i don't know if im going to camp out or not because it's supposedly coming out at 6pm right?

Feb 9, 2007
there will be no pre-order Apple has said. infact, word is the authorized reseller cingular & AT&T stores won't have em

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Im pretty sure the Cingular (now ATT) store next to the publix across the street from the altamonte mall is going to have a good supply...i'm most likely going to go to that one but i don't know if im going to camp out or not because it's supposedly coming out at 6pm right?
thats a good spot also, thats a pretty big cingular store so that should be a good one. and i have no idea about the 6pm thing, i just plan on calling the store the night before and asking, as im sure they will give you a clear answer on exactly what time they plan on selling them.

i really feel like if you get there when it opens you will be fine. i know so many people interested in the iPhone, but not one person that plans on getting one the day it releases.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
The trick wont be camping out I don't think... more finding the store that can actually sell it to you. Which is proving quite tricky at the moment. Do Cingular Stores count as AT&T stores? or do i need to go to a AT&T store, and if so, which Stores are the outlet stores that will have i phone and not just an authorized dealer type of store?....dear god the questions the questions.