Is there a site where I can download videos in Quicktime format?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 22, 2007
I used to have an ipod Mini, so the whole Videos on iTunes thing is new to me. I believe the format is either Quicktime or MP4. Ive tryed soo many way to get my DVDs in this format and its just too much of a hassle. (basically got fed up with it).

Anyone know of a website i can download movies from in Quicktime Format? Like when they download to your computer they are in Quicktime?

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

How do you guys get your videos on your ipod/iPhones?

Or do you guys just buy them all from the iTunes store.

Let me know please.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I use a program called videora. You can find it at www.videora.com.

its a free program that converts any movie to fit your iPhone, ipod (all generations), etc. I have yet to find a movie that it didn't conver properly. It walks you through step by step and is very user friendly. It asks you what kinda of mobile device you have so it will display properly.

Hope that helps. I highly recommend it!

Last edited by a moderator:

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
I use a program called videora. You can find it at www.videora.com.

its a free program that converts any movie to fit your iPhone, ipod (all generations), etc. I have yet to find a movie that it didn't conver properly. It walks you through step by step and is very user friendly. It asks you what kinda of mobile device you have so it will display properly.

Hope that helps. I highly recommend it!
i have the videora iPhone converter and i tried the mr. wood**** trailer and i tried h.264 and mpeg4 and i either get the "this video isn't meant for iPhone" when trying to sync in iTunes or it will sync, but then it plays for like 5 seconds and then close. i don't know why that keeps happening.

any ideas?

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
i have the videora iPhone converter and i tried the mr. wood**** trailer and i tried h.264 and mpeg4 and i either get the "this video isn't meant for iPhone" when trying to sync in iTunes or it will sync, but then it plays for like 5 seconds and then close. i don't know why that keeps happening.

any ideas?

does it play just fine on your comp? if not, its a corrupted file, if so...your guess is as good as mine. Maybe trying to download another copy. Sometimes part of the file will DL incorrectly, and the program has a tough time converting it. Sorry I don't have any other answers!

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
still doesn't work for me. no matter what the source video format is (.mov or .mpg) nothing works. iTunes says that the format of the video cant be played on the iPhone.

can someone give me a link to a source video they used the was successfuly converted, imported, and played on the iPhone? can someone also post their settings for what they're using? thanks

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
There are a couple threads on this, try the search feature of the forum. Here is one of the threads. I use super and have had no problems and have not found a format that I could not convert yet. If you select mp4 it will set the rest of the settings. Drag the video you want to convert to the box and hit encode.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/avi-conversion-tool-pc.9542/

Last edited by a moderator:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
if you try a good P2P application, you can find most popular movies already in mp4 format. On a mac, I say acquisition is best...I don't know about the pc.