Is there a stable Jailbreak for iOS 7.1.2 for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Just Visiting, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

I was thinking of One Click by Pangu. However, it appears unreliable. Users reported Safari not working after a few days.

Is there another untethered jailbreak method that is reliable?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've heard nothing about Safari failing to work after a few days. The Pangu jailbreak is very reliable.

3. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Several complaints from different users about it (Safari) and a few other nuances on evad3rs.net and iphonehacksdotcom.Also different comments about long load times eg. loading resources. I don't have privileges to post links so I can't provide it to you.

#3 Just Visiting, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Pangu works great. I'm still using version 1 and it's very stable. Some people experienced problems with Safari on version 1, but there is a fix for that. It's a non-issue now. Pangu is your only option.

5. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

thx. so would you say I should go for it then, install Pangu on my iPhone 5 or wait until the other untethered jailbreak from evasi0n7? btw, will this jb will block the OTA update download of system (firmware) update from being downloaded?

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd go for it now. You could be waiting for some time for the next major jailbreak.

And yes, Pangu blocks OTA updates on your iPhone.

7. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Thanks. I just tried it. First attempt failed. Trying again as I type.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You remembered to set the date back, right?

9. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Excellent...it took a couple attempts but my device is now
    I think that was the problem. I was changing the date and then Pangu started to do it's thing. My device was also p/w locked. I disabled it and change the date. Now, it's jailbroken :)

However, a lot of files have been added to my device. I was at 10.3 GB and now I am down to 9.7 GB. Is this normal? I'd like to delete what is not necessary after the jailbreak.

10. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Deleting files necessary for a jailbreak is a disaster waiting to happen....

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Agreed. I wonder how many times I've read, "I deleted some system files on my iPhone and now it won't boot."?

12. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Haha. Hell no. Not wishing to delete "necessary" files, just those files which are no longer dependent on necessary.
    I imagine iCleaner is ok though to use?

BTW, I noticed my iPhone cellular signal strength indicator takes much longer time to change/after after this JB. I have it set to show the dB (*3001#12345#*)

13. ring0_event

ring0_event Member
    Bronze

Hi JV, it's cool that your phone is now JB. I have one question: how do you get it to show the dB?

14. Just Visiting

Just Visiting New Member

Here is the instructions on how to show your dB:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do not power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.
    The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

As far as my Jailbreak is concerned, I am not a happy camper. It's not stable. My Chrome browser is crashing on sites that are not mobile friendly. I tried the same web page on an non jailbroken iPad and I had no issue. My Heywire app crashes as well randomly. These are all unjailbroken apps. I will be posting a separate thread on the subject.

15. ring0_event

ring0_event Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I'll try it out!