Is there a way to add PC videos to Camera Roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nykrumrie, May 16, 2011.

1. nykrumrie

nykrumrie New Member

Hi, I just got a VZ iPhone 4. I was wondering if there is a way to copy small videos I have on my PC & transfer them to my iPhone. The reason is, I'd like to be able to TXT videos that were not taken off my iPhone 4 camera. For instance I have a funny video I got off youtube. Its about a minute long (7mb). I saved it to my desktop & would love to be able to TXT or SMS it to friends. Is their a way to do that? I have ifunbox & used to use it to add files to my ATT 3G iPhone that was jailbroken. That is what gave me the idea.
    Thanks for the help!

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

You can use a free app like Handbrake to convert the video to an iPhone compatible format and then transfer it to your iPhone via iTunes sync or a free service like Dropbox.

3. nykrumrie

nykrumrie New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm familiar with Handbrake but not Dropbox. So if I do that would I then be able to TXT the small converted video I wanted to send to my friend & family with iPhones? Thanks

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure what the attachment size limits are on messaging. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that.

5. nykrumrie

nykrumrie New Member

I was able to get the short video clip added to my iPhone 4 using iTunes but could not find a way to select it when txt/mms. You can only select camera roll vids & pics when txting. There has to be a way to add a video that can play on the iPhone into the camera roll so it can be txt/mms. Is there 3rd party app maybe? Maybe a way to add it to the root file where camera roll holds the files. With iPhone 4 great group txting it would be great to send friend quick video + txts. Do you have any ideas?

6. Coach G 29

Coach G 29 New Member

I would like to know this as well.

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

You can save video from emails to your camera roll, so you could email the videos to yourself. If they're too large, use Handbrake or MPEG Streamclip to reduce the file size to <25MB (Gmail and Yahoo support files sizes this big, some others are limited to 10MB).

Another option is to use an app like Air Sharing (which can work in conjunction with Dropbox if you like) to get the file onto your phone. You can email it from there. To MMS via email, you can use the person's ten-digit phone number @[see following table for various carriers]:

Service Provider: MMS Email Suffix
    Verizon: vzwpix.com
    AT&T/Cingular: mms.att.com
    Sprint/Nextel: messaging.sprintpcs.com
    T-Mobile: tmomail.net
    Virgin: vmobl.net
    Boost Mobile: myboostmobile.com
    Alltel: message.alltel.com
    Amp'd Mobile: vzwpix.com