Is there a way to block an incoming SMS Signature from displaying?

Constant-L

Sep 8, 2011
Hi Everyone - please bear with me, as I've reached the end of my patience for the day and it's not even lunch time.

I have a friend who attaches a signature to the end of each and every one of her text messages. It's reached the point where I want to poke my eyes out. Is there any way to block this from displaying on my end? It's immensely irritating. Just wondering if there's an app that can provide me with a custom view for text messages received, or something like that.

It's probably a long shot, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Thanks, and may all your incoming texts be signature-free :)

Rictur

Bronze
Feb 8, 2011
South Carolina
Not sure about blocking them. I did a quick google search and nothing popped up, but I didn't dig too deep. I feel you though...I SMS sig lines makes my eye twitch too.

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
No app. Tell your friend exactly what you told us, see if makes them remove the sig.
I agree, its a eye sore to see a sig after every damn text.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 31, 2010
No app. Tell your friend exactly what you told us, see if makes them remove the sig.
I agree, its a eye sore to see a sig after every damn text.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh irony...gotta love it ;)

Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for the input, guys! :)
No luck getting this person to stop...
(someone should really develop a customizable app for this.)
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Hi Everyone - please bear with me, as I've reached the end of my patience for the day and it's not even lunch time.

I have a friend who attaches a signature to the end of each and every one of her text messages. It's reached the point where I want to poke my eyes out. Is there any way to block this from displaying on my end? It's immensely irritating. Just wondering if there's an app that can provide me with a custom view for text messages received, or something like that.

It's probably a long shot, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Thanks, and may all your incoming texts be signature-free :)
One quick way is to tell your "friend" that if she is truly a friend to you then she will respect your wishes when it comes to this.

Years ago, I decided that I know a lot more people who should rightly be designated as acquaintances rather than as friends.

YMMV

Aug 31, 2010
One quick way is to tell your "friend" that if she is truly a friend to you then she will respect your wishes when it comes to this.

Years ago, I decided that I know a lot more people who should rightly be designated as acquaintances rather than as friends.

YMMV
People can't be your friend if they don't "respect your wishes" about something as small as a signature? Sure, it's annoying, but if one of my friends told me that I'm not truly their friend if I don't remove my sig, I'd laugh hysterically and walk away.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
People can't be your friend if they don't "respect your wishes" about something as small as a signature? Sure, it's annoying, but if one of my friends told me that I'm not truly their friend if I don't remove my sig, I'd laugh hysterically and walk away.
Actually I've been meaning to speak to you about that.....

Hahahaa
Sent from my iPhone

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I have a friend that has a sig and it has a blank line before it. Drives me nuts.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1315691332.596954.jpg

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I'm not sending a text, its a post on a thread on the internet, get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk cause Im not replying from my telephone and because Pez and Nemo love it.