Is There a Way to Block Certain Threads on EiC?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I know I can block members, but don't want to block them if they only started a thread that doesn't interest me. I looked for the user guide in this forum, but couldn't find it either. But, don't know if this is even in the User Guide.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
No, there isn't. Just don't click/tap on threads that don't interest you. It probably takes about .25 seconds to ignore a thread title and move on. I'm curious though...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There are a couple threads here that I never read that get bumped a lot. I just click them and hurry and swipe back to the new posts list. I do this because I don't like to have any new posts showing after I visit. Another option is to select "Mark Forums Read." This will clear everything from the new posts list so you don't have to click on threads you aren't interested in.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
...select "Mark Forums Read." This will clear everything from the new posts list so you don't have to click on threads you aren't interested in.
This is how I end every eiC browsing experience, whether on my Mac or on an iDevice.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I usually end my day's eiC experience weeping hot, bitter tears of regret.
I end my day's internet experience wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life. I just watched a video of cats puking to techno music and looked at a picture of a stranger's dryer lint. By choice.