Is there a way to change the auto-correct?

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I don't want to turn it off, I just want to know if there's a way to go in through SSH and change some stuff that auto-corrects. No matter how many times I type "yo", it still wants to correct it to "to". There are a few other instances, but I just want to know if its possible to be done.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
yeah its quite annoying sometimes. however, maybe just me but i think it has a different feel this time around. for example, i type "don't" and normally itll ask for "don't", now it just goes right to "don't"

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I don't want to turn it off, I just want to know if there's a way to go in through SSH and change some stuff that auto-corrects. No matter how many times I type "yo", it still wants to correct it to "to". There are a few other instances, but I just want to know if its possible to be done.
Go to phone settings you will def. find the option to turn OFF the auto correct somewhere. I don't have the iPhone with me right now otherwise I would have told you the path...

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
No no no, I don't want to turn it off completely. I wanted to know is there like a path I can go in through SSH and find where the auto-correct things are. I want to change my OWN auto-corrects. I figured there was a file in SSH that I could do it myself on.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
yeah its quite annoying sometimes. however, maybe just me but i think it has a different feel this time around. for example, i type "don't" and normally itll ask for "don't", now it just goes right to "don't"
And there's a REALLY bad lag now with the auto-correct feature now that 2.0 is out. Its really annoying. Cause I always uncapitalize my I's, and now I have to wait for it to show so I can cancel it. It will actually ask you, you just have to wait like a half a second.