Is there a way to copy a video to my iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by digitalcuriosity, Aug 2, 2015.

1. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I was trying to put one of my own movies on my iPhone6,but can't seem to get it moved.
    Even tried putting it on iCloud then copying it to phone but nothing happens when I try pasting it.

Thanks for any help.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If it's a movie rather than a video you recorded, you'll need to convert it first and then sync it to the phone. Handbrake for Mac and PC can do this. There are also iOS apps that can convert videos and then allow you to save them to the device. I use Air Video HD.

If it's a video you recorded, you can use cloud storage provider like DropBox to put it in the cloud and then save it to your camera roll from there.

3. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I put my home made video on iCloud but still it will not install on phone. No problem putting them on my iPad.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Enough space on your phone?

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Yes plenty of space. It's so simple doing it on my Samsung Galxyiii phone. Nothing simple with an Apple device.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you moving it from your computer by placing it in the iCloud folder or are you using iCloud Photo Library to sync photos and videos? I would use DropBox or Google Drive instead. We won't have full drag and drop functionality with iCloud until iOS 9. You can put media in the iCloud folder on your Mac, but you can't easily access it on your iOS 8 device. iCloud Photo Library can be buggy. Is it syncing anything? If not, disable it and re-sync all of your videos and photos.

This will be simple on iOS 9, which should be available next month.

7. ChristyAnn

ChristyAnn New Member

you can use Dropbox to store it in cloud space or use phone manager like iTools, Airmore, Airdroid to move videos to your iphone

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Select the video in DropBox, press the box icon with the up arrow in the upper right of the screen, select "copy link" and then email the link to people you want to share the video with.

9. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I hope iOS 9 will improve the process of moving both pictures and videos from computer to iPhone. It sure was a simple task using my Samsung phone. Just copy from computer and past into the menu tree of phone.

You click on the iPhone there is no menu tree that's really useful, maybe i am just asking for to much from Apple.

Anyway it's a good phone for making and receiving call.

#9 digitalcuriosity, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
  10. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

Photosync app works great moving videos or pics to and from a computer.

11. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Thank you for the information.

12. Daniel Archie

Daniel Archie New Member

There are many softwares can transfer movie from computer to your iphone;)

13. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I think I have the video and picture file transfer problems,now under control with APP.s Airsharing and Airmore. Both App.s do a lot in getting my videos and picture files moved from computer to iPhone and from iPhone to computer.