is there a way to delete "badges(red dot)" on SMS, mail, phone.. etc

Nov 24, 2007
is there a way to delete "badges" or make them transparent on the iPhone? u know the red dot that shows up on a lot of apps..phone, sms, mail... even cydia... i hate it... can someone please tell me how to get rid of it.. THXS

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
is there a way to delete "badges" or make them transparent on the iPhone? u know the red dot that shows up on a lot of apps..phone, sms, mail... even cydia... i hate it... can someone please tell me how to get rid of it.. THXS
I don't think that you can do this! You can make some other badges on a JB iPhone, but the numbers will still show up!

Nov 24, 2007
I don't think that you can do this! You can make some other badges on a JB iPhone, but the numbers will still show up!
i have a 2G jailbroken on 2.2...i thought i seen a mod for it before.. but maybe not.... can't u just make both transparent? i dunno how but, wouldn't that work

macapp

Feb 4, 2009
raincouver
i have a 2G jailbroken on 2.2...i thought i seen a mod for it before.. but maybe not.... can't u just make both transparent? i dunno how but, wouldn't that work
i don't think it'll work but might aswell give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

windowman

Feb 14, 2009
There is a way to do this depending on your phone.
I have the 3g and I changed mine.
I will see if I can upload a picture if this site lets me.
Give me a few minutes if not to I will find a place that lets me.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Why did you give it a white background?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I still don't think you can make these numbers transparent!? I think this is what he want - to get rid of both the badge and the numbers.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I still don't think you can make these numbers transparent!? I think this is what he want - to get rid of both the badge and the numbers.
make them invisible maybe?

windowman

Feb 14, 2009
I didn't even look for the numbers, but I had thought about making it all that
way so just the numbers would show. I don't see why someone wouldn't want
to know if they had mail or not....

I used an eye with a transparent background on that last one just to mess
around. Anyone notice?