Is there a way to hide icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Is there a way to hide all your icons, and just have your dock showing that way you can see your wallpapers really well? Something simple to use. I want to maybe slide my icons up but have them hidden until i scroll to them so my wallpaper will show really well?

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Bump please, anyone know if there is a way to do it? Or if there is a way to change the locked screen wallpaper and make it different from the backround wallpaper on the main screen behind the icons?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
You can do this with springboard and summerboard.

Install rSBT from the installer.
Tap the rSBT icon on your main menu.
Move all the icons below the hidden line.

Your main menu will be blank. You will have to flick upwards to
make the icons visible.

There is an option in summerboard (also installed via installer) that allows
you to choose if you want your wallpaper to be the background of the main menu.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
You can do this with springboard and summerboard.

Install rSBT from the installer.
Tap the rSBT icon on your main menu.
Move all the icons below the hidden line.

Your main menu will be blank. You will have to flick upwards to
make the icons visible.

There is an option in summerboard (also installed via installer) that allows
you to choose if you want your wallpaper to be the background of the main menu.
Cool thank you very much, also for the wallpaper, I have one of the decepticon logo that I want when the phone is locked, and a cool abstract wallpaper I want for the backround in the main screen. with summerboard do I choose what wallpaper I want on the main screen? I never saw that option so I wasn't sure.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Cool thank you very much, also for the wallpaper, I have one of the decepticon logo that I want when the phone is locked, and a cool abstract wallpaper I want for the backround in the main screen. with summerboard do I choose what wallpaper I want on the main screen? I never saw that option so I wasn't sure.
You can not have 2 separate images because they share the same file name and location.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Ok i slid them all under hidden, and now i have no icons, great, BUT when I scroll on the touch screen they arent coming back. How do I get the icons back?

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Can anyone tell me how to hide the icons so you can just slide them up to see them? I did what the other guy said but that made all of them disappear which was good, but then I would scroll and they never came back.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Can anyone tell me how to hide the icons so you can just slide them up to see them? I did what the other guy said but that made all of them disappear which was good, but then I would scroll and they never came back.
As of right now, there is no way to hide all your icons and have them slide up. This is something a lot of users have requested to the developers of Summerboard, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future.

For the time being, I suggest you install an application called "Dock". You'll be able to access all your hidden applications using this. See this link for a demo: http://cre.ations.net/creation/dock

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
You can do this with Summerboard. You'll need to create a separate theme in the following directory:
/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ThemeName

Where ThemeName is whatever you want to call it. Then place your wallpaper in this directory. You must name it Wallpaper.png

You can also add a dock image and icons. For more info, visit:
http://www.apptapp.com:16080/summerboard/

Once you have your theme created, select it from the Summerboard settings. Make sure that "Theme Wallpaper" is on.