Is there a way to Import Notes?

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Say you quickly type something out in microsoft notepad or even word. When i save it onto my computer is there a way to put that on my iPhone?

Which brings me to my next question, can the iPhone be used as a storage device?Say i have a powerpoint i made and i need to present it to the teacher for class, can i store it on my iPhone?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Wrt notes, you can't sync the native memo/note app to your computer. I've seen allusions to resolving that fact by future updates to some app store programs

I have a workaround which involves using a dummy contact. Go to the notes field of the contact, and add your info. The contact will sync and back up the info.

Wrt your other question, the app store sells mobile finder among other wifi enabled apps. These apps allow you to FTP the presentation from your computer to iPhone. Not as good as a uSB enabled thumb drive, but it has some merit. If you are jailbroken, you can ssh the presentation directly off your device as well, but WiFi is also required.

Aug 11, 2007
Say you quickly type something out in microsoft notepad or even word. When i save it onto my computer is there a way to put that on my iPhone?

Which brings me to my next question, can the iPhone be used as a storage device?Say i have a powerpoint i made and i need to present it to the teacher for class, can i store it on my iPhone?
Try Jott for iPhone from the APP Store. It is free. You can then load the Jott Express for Windows on your computer. You can then add a note to Jott on the iPhone and it shows up on Jott Express on your computer and vise a versa.

skipere

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I used evernote app for notes sync cross platforms , and Airsharing app for everything else from movies to document backup.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
So basically the answer is no, you cant just connect the phone to the laptop and import the note.txt to iTunes so the phone will take it? weird.

I find this weird, ive seen my friend use her Nano as a USB storage. She loaded a word docu, on the nano took it to school, and connected the nano to a mac and she was able to finish her report in class.

Is there no way to do this for free lol...sorry to sound cheap.

skipere

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
So basically the answer is no, you cant just connect the phone to the laptop and import the note.txt to iTunes so the phone will take it? weird.

I find this weird, ive seen my friend use her Nano as a USB storage. She loaded a word docu, on the nano took it to school, and connected the nano to a mac and she was able to finish her report in class.

Is there no way to do this for free lol...sorry to sound cheap.
Evernote is free. or you can do what I do before the Appstore . Email everything to yourself ( best with gmail ) and create folders for each items.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I am checking out Evernote thanks to the recommendations of this post. Looks pretty solid, I didn't realize how powerful it was. Great stuff!