is there a way to install Windows Media Player and Java player etc. to iPhone?

umurs

Jan 20, 2008
Hi all,

I am a newbie with iPhone...I don't know if this subject has already discussed but i would like to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to install windows media player, java player and stuff like that to iPhone...

i mean on safari when you go to a website, if there is a video there or some java application, it just shows a box with a question mark in it :sick:, how do i get these things work?

Thanks to y'all

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hi all,

I am a newbie with iPhone...I don't know if this subject has already discussed but i would like to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to install windows media player, java player and stuff like that to iPhone...

i mean on safari when you go to a website, if there is a video there or some java application, it just shows a box with a question mark in it :sick:, how do i get these things work?

Thanks to y'all

The iPhone will only play quicktime movies. You can not use win movie player, it is shutout in the cold.:eek:

umurs

Jan 20, 2008
lol. windows on Apple.
well I am 85% microsoft person. only 15% Apple. I feel like most of Apple applications r junk but they did a good job with iPhone. i would like to load windows on iPhone.2 operating systems would be cool...but anyway all i am asking is if there is a way to open .wmv or flash player files on your iPhone...

i ve read some stuff about coreplayer but i am not sure if it does it...any other suggestions?

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
it would be cool to see a flip4mac for the iPhone...something to play .wmv files with quicktime...now we just need someone with a lot of time on their hands to get crackin ;-) nah, i don't think there is or will be (though i have been wrong before) to play wmv files on the iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
well I am 85% microsoft person. only 15% Apple. I feel like most of Apple applications r junk but they did a good job with iPhone. i would like to load windows on iPhone.2 operating systems would be cool...but anyway all i am asking is if there is a way to open .wmv or flash player files on your iPhone...

i ve read some stuff about coreplayer but i am not sure if it does it...any other suggestions?
Have a gander at FinalCut Studio. Developed by Apple. Does it look like junk to you?

- John

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa

Junk? Wow. Ive always used a PC and currently do now. I HATE it. Macs are so much cleaner and care free and easier to use. PC = Piece of Crap. Cant wait to get my macbook! :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Thats like my brother buying a mac laptop and adding windows to it.. Im like you ruined it.

umurs

Jan 20, 2008
Junk? Wow. Ive always used a PC and currently do now. I HATE it. Macs are so much cleaner and care free and easier to use. PC = Piece of Crap. Cant wait to get my macbook! :laugh2:

I knew people were gonna bring the subject to Mac vs. PC again...i am not arguing on that, i don't care what you like, i know what i like...just trying to learn if there is a way to have windows media player or flash player etc. on your iPhone...

it doesn't have to windows media player just some program that work with all video formats or something...

Last edited by a moderator:

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
If you don't care what we like then why should we care what you like? Extend us the same courtesy in not expressing your opinion...otherwise you are just begging for an argument.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I knew people were gonna bring the subject to Mac vs. PC again...i am not arguing on that, i don't care what you like, i know what i like...just trying to learn if there is a way to have windows media player or flash player etc. on your iPhone...

it doesn't have to windows media player just some program that work with all video formats or something...
Thanks SVT. This is a forum. The point is to post. Which is what I did. Relax.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL

Just had to throw this out there, but you do know that Vista is just windows trying to be more Mac like, right? Right down to using the same menu structure and logos. (except the windows one)

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
JAVA baby!

Hi all,

Thanks to y'all
aside from all the other yackin,try this for java..it worked fer me!http://java4iPhone.com/all-news/tutorial-install-java-on-the-iphone/

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon

take a look at this... it is coming soon
http://www.errrick.com.ar/

this is going to be a great player...

i've been using PC all my life, but as i am getting further and further into my schooling (doing web design), and also the fact that a lot of my classes are in Mac Labs, i will be buying a new IMac in a few weeks.