Is there a way to make free calls over WiFI to a landline in the UK

fletcher11

Bronze
Dec 21, 2008
hey i have searched every where i can find the answer, im looking for something to be able to make free calls over wifi or 3g loads come up in the search but there either to call people who has the same app or you have to pay. i used to have a app years ago that i could phone my landline for free but i cant remember what it was called. i have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs on 4.2.2 if anyone can help that would be great, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Try Google Voice or Yahoo Voice.

Skype works too, but you might have to pay for a number and buy credit.

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Try fring. It's free on app store but small payment for fringout credit.

lesli

Jan 8, 2011
Just get line 2 from Toktumi it's free for the first month and just get one friend or stranger to sign up and it gets you a month free. Sign 12 people up and you get 12 mos free. And it's the best app, hands down!

May 4, 2011
UK
i have found one iPhone application (netTalk) which allows free phone calls over wifi and 3G to Canada and US. you can try it.

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
I pay Skype $3.00 a month to make unlimited calls to US and Canadian land lines.

fletcher11

Bronze
Dec 21, 2008
im in the uk so that wont be any good for me. i was only asking as i used to be able to do it but forgot how.

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
im in the uk so that wont be any good for me. i was only asking as i used to be able to do it but forgot how.
I think there is no free app allow you to call through VoIP. You hAve to pay a small money at least. Fring is very good and it costs only 10 € for and you can as much as 1000 minutes!

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Google Voice isn't free to the UK. For a land line it's $0.02 / minute. I don't call a lot, so it's cheaper than Skype for me.

Dec 29, 2010
You can use an app called viber... Its free and uses wifi for free calls and text to anywhere in the world 'Free'
The only requirememt, like skype, is that the other recipient of the message or call MUST also be using the viber app

hey i have searched every where i can find the answer, im looking for something to be able to make free calls over wifi or 3g loads come up in the search but there either to call people who has the same app or you have to pay. i used to have a app years ago that i could phone my landline for free but i cant remember what it was called. i have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs on 4.2.2 if anyone can help that would be great, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Miz.Michele

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
How about talkatone. You need a google voice number Then you use talkatone and call on wifi or 3g

Oct 31, 2012
Yes you can make free calls to USA/Canada using Google Voice. (Only available in USA/Canada) You can download the google voice app or configure using any voip or sip software with this trick.
search "google-voice-setup-for-voipsip-to-use" in google with quotes.
I will share a trick for how to get google voice services for non-residential people of USA/Canada.

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
I use magicjack app works good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app