Is there a way to remove SSH through Independance?

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
So...before figuring out that I could install OpenSSH from Installer, I installed it through Independence. The downside to this is that there is no way to turn OpenSSH off (which could effect battery life I assume), whereas if downloaded from installer, you can turn in on and off through Services. Now every time I try to remove OpenSSH through Independence, it tells me that a file called "libarm.dylib" was installed with OpenSSH, and if I remove it, it will render some of my 3rd party apps. When asked if I wanted to remove "libarm.dylib" with SSH, I selected "No". After SSH and etc. was uninstalled, I realized some of my apps such as Customize and Tetromino would not work properly. I then went back and selected "Yes" when uninstalling and it gave me the same problems.

Is there any way to remove SSH through Independence without rendering any of my apps, and also without doing a full restore? Any advice would help. Thanks in advance!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You should be able to reinstall OpenSSH from Installer. Any needed library files will get installed too.

Not sure what you meant by "no way to turn OpenSSH off" but several apps can do just that. I advise leaving it--and WiFi--on when installing any new apps in case something goes wrong (which can be fixed via SSH if needed, instead of resorting to a restore).

--
Mike

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Mike - Thanks for your input. I tried uninstalling SSH through Independence, then Installing it through installer and I had the same problems. Apps like Customize quit right away when opening it. The only way I can get the switch to turn it on or off in "Services" is if SSH is installed through Installer. Do you know any other apps to turn SSH on or off when it is installed through Independence? If I am able to do that, then there is no need for me to install SSH through Installer. Thanks again for you help!

Kevin