Is there a way to undelete my contacts in Outlook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 29, 2007
I regularly sync my iPhone with outlook and it updates changes i have made to numbers. i had loaded the numbers onto outlook from an old phone and it reversed the last and first name. I decided to re-install them from the old phone and get the correct order this time so i deleted them from outlook (still having them on my iPhone) but my old phone did not work. the numbers there are lost forever. when i went to sync my iPhone with outlook, the boxes in the advanced section of info were all unchecked so i felt safe that my data would not be lost but only copied back to outlook. I synced and now outlook has no contacts and iPhone has no contacts. I lost over 700 contacts! does anybody have any suggestions? Is there a way to "undelete" my contacts in outlook (I chose "select all" and hit delete). What about from the iPhone? I don't know why it did that when all the boxes were unchecked. I hit sync not restore or anything else. Please help!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I regularly sync my iPhone with outlook and it updates changes i have made to numbers. i had loaded the numbers onto outlook from an old phone and it reversed the last and first name. I decided to re-install them from the old phone and get the correct order this time so i deleted them from outlook (still having them on my iPhone) but my old phone did not work. the numbers there are lost forever. when i went to sync my iPhone with outlook, the boxes in the advanced section of info were all unchecked so i felt safe that my data would not be lost but only copied back to outlook. I synced and now outlook has no contacts and iPhone has no contacts. I lost over 700 contacts! does anybody have any suggestions? Is there a way to "undelete" my contacts in outlook (I chose "select all" and hit delete). What about from the iPhone? I don't know why it did that when all the boxes were unchecked. I hit sync not restore or anything else. Please help!
look in your deleted items. i know when i delete my contacts or calendar items they go into my deleted item folder/trash.

Jul 29, 2007
thanks

Do Google search and look for Outlook Recovery Tools. You are wanting to recover the pst file.
right before your response, a friend told me to look in the deleted items folder. i didn't think of that b/c it's in the mail section. all my contacts are there. thanks for responding!

Jul 29, 2007
thanks

look in your deleted items. i know when i delete my contacts or calendar items they go into my deleted item folder/trash.

right before your response, a friend told me to look in the deleted items folder. i didn't think of that b/c it's in the mail section. all my contacts are there. thanks for responding!

Oct 13, 2007
Chicago
How about this?

I run my PC with two identical harddrives, both on cable select jumper settings, so depends on which end of cable is connected to them, each becomes master or slave accordingly. Recently, my master, which had the XP installed, was getting stuck at start up and not load Windows at all. So I started my routine: open up computer, switch the harddisk cables between them and load Windows on the new master (old slave). When I was done with it, I went back and got all my pics, videos, music etc. from the old master (which now became slave). I installed iTunes and synced the phone's contacts with the newly installed Outlook, thinking that the contacts from the phone will automaticly be transferred to Outlook Express.
NOW I LOST ALL MY CONTACTS!

I still have all the stuff on my old master harddrive(new slave).
Where can I find my contacts? Is there a folder maybe in the iPhone that I can restore them from? Please help, I'd hate typing them all over again!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
try looking for a .wab file in here:

Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

danipepe

Mar 4, 2008
Lost contacts in iPhone

try looking for a .wab file in here:

Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book
The same happens with me, I sync a clear Outlook profile with my iPhone, and the contacts was lost in the iPhone side. How can I recovery that information?
Please, help me! :eek:

lordylad

Feb 27, 2010
ok i sync my contacts to outlook and lost them all and i looked in outlook and they wherent there i looked everwhere in the mail rubish bin they are gone how do i get them back please help

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...in Outlook, I take it they are not in the Deleted Items? Also, do you have a Gmail account? Are they not in there?

ok i sync my contacts to outlook and lost them all and i looked in outlook and they wherent there i looked everwhere in the mail rubish bin they are gone how do i get them back please help