Is there a way to update album artwork for songs not purchased in iTunes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
if you right click on a song and look at the bottom it says "get artwork" but i can't get it to work

i used fixtunes just google it

you can use it for free for the first 50 songs, after that you have to buy it for $25. i used it on my 2500 songs and it found artwork, album, etc for 2000 of them and 1900 of those 2000 were right, so it worked on 1900 of 2500 songs. which i thought was pretty damn good.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
a little advice if the album artwork isn't coming up for some...make sure that all the info matches up (i.e. correct spelling, caps, spacing etc.)

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
if you right click on a song and look at the bottom it says "get artwork" but i can't get it to work

i used fixtunes just google it

you can use it for free for the first 50 songs, after that you have to buy it for $25. i used it on my 2500 songs and it found artwork, album, etc for 2000 of them and 1900 of those 2000 were right, so it worked on 1900 of 2500 songs. which i thought was pretty damn good.
i found a way to get it for free (am i premitted to post here) just do it 50 at a time

have your program files open when you do 50 delete file called (cloudbrain) reinstall (only take 30sec total) it saves which ones you have already done

you have to check to see if they got it right for each one but it worth it

took me a couple hours for about 1700 songs

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you didn't get them from iTunes or import them yourself from your CD collection, then you can expect to spend some time to get them all coordinated. P2P systems like Limewire are the worst for people misnaming the Titles, Artists, and Albums. iTunes can't find the album art if they're named incorrectly.

You might want to try that software listed above, because it took me two solid days to get mine straightened out.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I'm trying to figure out how do you have albums with multiple artists (soundtracks, compilations etc.) Not show up in cover flow as separate album covers for every song.