Is there a way to upload contacts from iPhone to my new Yahoo or Gmail account?

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
without having to manualy put in all the entries? And does Gmail or yahoo mail automatically updat your contacts when you add a new contact on phone?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
without having to manualy put in all the entries? And does Gmail or yahoo mail automatically updat your contacts when you add a new contact on phone?
Gmail will if you turn on PUSH for that feature...

I can tell you that the Gmail instructions say turning it on will erase all your contacts off of your phone. Because it constantly updates. However my way around that was to sync with i-Tunes and set up Gmail for Contacts. When doing that you will get a option to Merge your records. If you do that. When enabling Push for Gmail. You won't lose your stuff.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
What coop is saying is first, sync contacts to gmail using iTunes. Second, make sure your contacts are in gmail and have all the info in there (such as multiple numbers per contact). Then you can set up google sync by following this: http://www.google.com/mobile/ios/

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
What coop is saying is first, sync contacts to gmail using iTunes. Second, make sure your contacts are in gmail and have all the info in there (such as multiple numbers per contact). Then you can set up google sync by following this: http://www.google.com/mobile/ios/
yes, and Thanks... that's exactly what I was saying...

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
ok....slightly confused here. I just did part one of what styfle said. I went into iTunes and synced my contacts with google (gmail). which uploaded all 90 contacts to my gmail account. It also added the 3 contacts I had on my gmail account to my iPhone. Sooo......what am I missing here? was that all I had to do to sync them? or is there something else that you guys mean with part 2 of what styfle said?

lol.....sorry if I sound like a fool

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
lol...i figured that. Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is whats the point of following that link http://www.google.com/mobile/ios/

if all I had to do was sync through iTunes
The link to google sync allows you to wirelessly sync contacts. Any changes made online are pushed to your phone and any changes on the phone are pushed online.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Does leaving the sync on with google contacts and calendar darin battery at all? Does it constantly push to or from phone everytime I bring up my contacts or on the phone?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Pretty sure I tunes will do this as part of a sync if you turn it on.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I am not sure I follow you? If I do iTunes sync it will sync with my google contacts?

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
ahhh....thanks for the info.