is there an App for search contacts

57guy

Nov 14, 2007
I've owned an iPhone for several months and love it except its inability to search contacts. I've searched this forum and found one person that said he loved the search app, but didn't say anything about where he got it.

I've owned PDA's and smart phones since the Apple newton. The most important thing to me is, syncing with outlook, and searching the contacts and notes.
I've read all the forums I can find on the iPhone and am surprised that no one complains about the lack of search.

If I meet someone at a party or at a businesss convention I enter their name in the phone and a year later if i want to contact them, I usually cannot remember their name.
I then search on CES show, Dans house, Bahamas ,etc. Every contact that has CES in it pops up.

If I cannot get the iPhone to search, I guess I will have to go back to Treo or something else.

I was waiting for the new LC on verizon (the iPhone killer) to come out and was going to buy one, but was surprised to find out it will not sync with outlook. What were they thinking?
Thanks
Glenn

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
There is an app for this if you're phone is jailbroken. It's just called Search and its under the Utilities section in Installer. Not sure if there is similar solution for non-jailbroken phones ...

57guy

Nov 14, 2007
There is an app for this if you're phone is jailbroken. It's just called Search and its under the Utilities section in Installer. Not sure if there is similar solution for non-jailbroken phones ...

I see the word "Jailbroken" used a lot. What does it really mean. Will it hurt the performance of the phone?
Thanks
Glenn

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I see the word "Jailbroken" used a lot. What does it really mean. Will it hurt the performance of the phone?
Thanks
Glenn
It means you've run one of the jailbreak processes on your iPhone, which opens it up for having 3rd party apps installed, incurs the wrath of Apple etc. Search for it here or Google it and you'll find tons of overviews / explanations / opinions ...