Is there an app to hide pics and videos

1. uarefunnytome

uarefunnytome New Member

I am looking for an application that would allow me to hide pictures and videos in the iPhone preferably behind a password..... If there is one please let me know...and please spare me the morality statements....If there is one thing I know is that moral people are ususually hiding behind their morality and are far worse than me...

2. dturner

dturner Zealot Gold

None that I know of on a stock phone. Don't know about one that is jailbroke but haven't heard of any.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member Gold

There is a program for jailbroken phones only but I forgot what it's called. It hides them behind the calculator.

5. Witness

Witness Zealot Gold

hidepod or hidecopy or something

6. SmartAlx

SmartAlx Zealot Gold

Hidepod's not ported for 2.0 yet. I'm waiting for it.

7. Test-Pilot

Test-Pilot Member Bronze

Picvault in the Apps Store

8. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot Gold

Does anyone know if PicVault simply password protects itself (the PicVault application), which is used to view the protected photographs?

If so, then there would seem to be a back door to the "protected" photos if someone were to use SSH to get to the file system.

On the other hand, if PicVault would encrypt the photographs, this would be a much stronger method of protecting those items.

I've sent the author of PicVault an email to ask this, but he has not responded.

9. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

Program in Cdia that gives you TWO photo folders...one for regular pics and one for your xxx pics

10. Mercedes4oil

Mercedes4oil New Member

Is there any followup on this app?

11. myphonluvr

myphonluvr New Member

12. Lazarus

Lazarus Member Bronze

Ok the question was how to hide vids not pics. Is there something out like this yet working on 3GS? Thx

13. duvi

duvi New Member Bronze

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

Video Safe

14. rickymrtn93

rickymrtn93 New Member

I don't think there is any application like that. If there is, then it is not free yet. I am also looking to hide pictures and videos from my iPhone but can't do that. I had to shift those files in my PC and then hide them. This is really a waste of time.

15. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius Gold

Air Sharing lets you store pics, videos, documents, etc. and you can password protect access to the app. I use it, it's cool and I think it's free or at least very cheap.

16. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot Gold

What I don't like about Air Sharing is that it doesn't encrypt the data--it just has an application-level password. That's like locking the front door, but the garage door and back doors are wide open.

17. duvi

duvi New Member Bronze

Application level passwords are enough... if your device is stolen, I'm sure they're not attempting to decrypt the password for the pics. They will most like format it and use it or sell.

Most just want it for those that may want to use their device for two minutes and don't want snooping eyes. First thing people go into is photos and messages. If you're looking for hacker type encryption, not sure if that will ever come out -- at least not in the near future.

18. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot Gold

I agree--there aren't any apps specific to photos/videos that encrypt data (that I know of).

However, I use eWallet to store other secrets (pwds, PINs, credit card info, etc). It encrypts all the data and sync's with your desktop, where it is also encrypted there. There is a desktop companion app that you can get. The desktop version makes it easier to initially enter all your data. I've been using eWallet for almost a year now and it has been flawless.

19. cindra

cindra Member Bronze

+1 VideoSafe

20. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot Gold

If you are looking for a means to password protect your photo gallery and the video portion of the iPod program I cannot help but if you are looking for a place on the phone to store images, video or even files and do not want it viewable by someone playing on the phone then there is a program on the app store called "Files". It cost $4.99 but it allows a 4 digit password to get into the program and once the program launches it shows you the list of the files you placed in its document folder (accessible through wifi from your home network, or through Total Commander if your jailbroken). The program has built in viewers for the most common documents, images, video, pdf, .doc, etc..
    The program works on both jailbroken and stock phones with the only difference being that on a jailbroken phone you can manually place documents in the folder through USB where the stock phone you have to be in a wifi area and "upload" the documents through a mapped drive (full instructions are included with the program).
    I believe there is a lite version of the program (used to be anyway) but the lite version is limited to like 200MB of documents and does not have the option for the password but well worth checking out.

21. chinawhite415

chinawhite415 New Member

hide pix and video

Found a pretty cool free app that allows you to hide pix and video in a fake calc app. its called spycalc. they have a website www.spycalc.com its free so why not right.