Is there an app to inform (decrease) on my phone usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by simon, Dec 9, 2013.

1. simon

simon New Member

Hello - first post in this Forum, and a new iPhone user I am!

Considering the discussion lately concerning how often people check their mobile phones, I am, too, interested in cutting down my smartphone usage. Don't get me wrong: I think it's a fantastic piece of device, but I don't want it to take over my life.

My question is: Is there an app which can actively (thus, not require me to open an app to have the info displayed to me) inform me on my usage? I'm not talking about specific apps, but rather the phone itself. I'm thinking in the outline of a being showed how many times I have pushed the Home-button or Power-button (to turn on display).

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Welcome to iCafe! The answer is NO! There are apps with logs you can use to enter in the time and date each time you hit the home button to open your phone. If you're THAT concerned about it.

Sent using iCafe app

3. simon

simon New Member

Thanks for your reply!

Well, it's not really what I was hoping for, BUT it could be interesting to view a log if it can show me in a fairly straight forward manner the times I hit the Home button when the phone is in stand-by. Is this possible and, if so, do you recommend an app?

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Get a pebble watch, that way you can just look at important notifications without laying a hand on your phone thus reducing usage :D
    https://getpebble.com

5. simon

simon New Member

haha I don't think more stuff is the solution to my problems :) I'll just have to be more aware and disciplined I guess, like in the good old days

Thanks anyways!

6. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hi,
    Can you tell me the app please ?

Sent from iPhone5 using iCafe app

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You want to keep up with your home button hits too? There is no app for that. What do you need to log or keep up with? Many apps are specific. A good journal app is Hey Day. It can be used for most anything you want to make logs for. It's free. For logging home button taps, I'd just use the phones stock Notes app. But Hey Day is a good journal app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heyday-journaling.-reimagined./id738164919?mt=8

Sent using iCafe app

8. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

The negative reviews for this app are disquieting with respect to privacy.
    YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I didn't see many negative reviews. Some didn't like all their photos on it. What I missed was that each journal entry has to have a photo. I saw one that had privacy issues. Some don't like having to register an account. But most of the reviews were positive. I think they're working on some changes. I wouldn't use it for just keeping list. It's hard to find a journal or notes app that's not specific to something. I either use the stock Notes app or I create a journal and organize them in MyPhoto.

Sent using iCafe app