Is there an app to reduce mis-dials

iperson2

Jul 25, 2009
I use my phone for businesss and have had a few pocket dials and I've dialed by mistake several times. Unfortunately the erroneous calls made me seem foolish and I can not afford these type of mistakes. Imagine dialing a surgeon in the middle of a procedure or calling a CEO during a board meeting. Is there an app that would require me to enter a code just before the phone calls out? Price is not a concern. If I don't resolve this I have to switch phones.

Thanks

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
How do you pocket dial? Do you unlock your iPhone, open your contacts list and select a contact all while your iPhone is in your pocket?!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I use my phone for businesss and have had a few pocket dials and I've dialed by mistake several times. Unfortunately the erroneous calls made me seem foolish and I can not afford these type of mistakes. Imagine dialing a surgeon in the middle of a procedure or calling a CEO during a board meeting. Is there an app that would require me to enter a code just before the phone calls out? Price is not a concern. If I don't resolve this I have to switch phones.

Thanks
Yeah.. it's called password lock. Your phone by default goes to the lock screen after 1 minute. I can honestly say this has never happened to me. Everytime you've finished a call or after playing around with your handset hit the power/sleep-wake button on the top right of your phone- Doing this will stop you having 'pocket-dials'

Cyberboy

Jan 17, 2010
Pocket calls

Password lock! r u kidding me, I make 100's of calls a day and most while I'm doing other tasks.
The phone desperately needs a double tap feature or touch and hold to call! period. Even if they have to add a toggle switch in setup for the nimrods who think they don"t need it. There are 100's of ways to make a pocket call on the iPhone ie: say your in contacts, look away form the screen for whatever reason your thumb happens to touch the screen, BINGO! pocket call. AHHH!
There should be somewhere on this site to voice issues to Apple where they would get heard after a number of member acceptance votes.

Ciao
cyberboy

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
say your in contacts, look away form the screen for whatever reason your thumb happens to touch the screen, BINGO! pocket call. AHHH!
how do you expect an app to prevent THAT?

If you can't be bothered with the Slide to Unlock screen, something tells me you wouldn't want a "Do you really want to call this person?" message.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I might add that the passcode lock feature can also be employed to protect your personal data should you phone fall into the hands of a person with unkind intent. It's an extra step but well worth it in the long run.

YMMV

Cyberboy

Jan 17, 2010
How about a simple double click to dial

Cyberboy

Jan 17, 2010
How about a simple DOUBLE TAP feature to dial eh, like I said. NOT a confirming message PLEASE
tnx