Is there an idiot proof way to update unlocked phones yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I know there are ways to update the iPhone to newer versions, but is there away that takes only a couple steps? (I'm smart, but I'm blonde so who knows what will happen to my phone if I have to do anything than download a program)

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Don't you just plug it into your computer -open iTunes and press the update button?

Or am I being blonde too?
lol... but you seem to be blonde too since agent0064life said "is there an idiot proof way to update UNLOCKED phones yet?" and by just updating you will brick your phone!

you have revirginize your phone and then update... after that you have to jailbreak + unlock.. it's easy

go to http://i.unlock.no look at the steps of reverginizing the baseband, bypass acitivation, and unlocking.. if you have he 1.1.1 software downloaded it won't take you more than 15 mins to finish everything

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hello.
i was reading through those steps to virginize my phone so ill be able to update to new software.. is it weird that my phone has no "souce" button and i have version 1.0.2 with modle firware 04.01.13_g?

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
04.01.13_g is version 1.1.1 you can't have 1.0.2 if your version is 04.01.13_g
and about the source button its in the installer application

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
It really depends on unlock method...

If you used iPhoneSIMFree (you know the method that costs) then it easy just follow the 1.1.2 jailbreak instructions if you're on 1.1.1. If you are on 1.0.2 use 1.7 iPhoneSIMFree and follow 1.1.1 upgrade instructions and then upgrade to 1.1.2 as above. Biggest issue here is to have modified lockdownd file to re-activate if not using ATT (or appropriate country supplier).
If you used AnySIM or similar and have a jailbroken phone then either follow the complex instructions or load i.unlock.no source and use the appropriate virginizer program and update route.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
thanks guys.. apparently my phone was unlocked inncorrectly but i have correct the problem and i now have 1.1.1 with modem firware 04.01.13_G
now im just trying to figure out how to make my own ringtones.

thanks guys

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
My phone is the same I have 1.0.2 with 04.01.13 g. What did you do to upgrade, is there a guide you used?
honestly i don't even know.. someone did it for me lol
im hopeless with this stuff.. i think they just virginized it and cracked it again