Is there any difference between cheap and expensive screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by fjclaus, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fjclaus

fjclaus Member
    Bronze

I'm a traveling salesman, and I have three kids who play with my iPad when I'm not on the road. I was able to get a case for it so the kids don't drop it, plus the case came with a stylus so they are not using their fingers. All that known, is it a must to have a screen protector on it as well?

If I need a screen protector, what is the different between those they sell on Ebay and Amazon for 99 cents and the ones they sell at Wal-Mart or the Apple store for $24.99 for a 3-pack?

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Guess its a personal preference. I have always had a screen protector or a case with a screen protector built in. I just don't wait to scratch the screen. If you scratch or dirty up a protector you can always peel it off and put on a new one. I have always bought the three pack from Walmart for around $10. I saw the ones for $25 but I think it's just a different brand trying to get more money for the same thing.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The difference is they are cheap protectors AND you have to apply them yourself. I would get one from Best Buy or a store similar and see if they will apply it for you, even though that costs money as well. But it's worth it. They do an amazing job.

I hate the film screen protectors, only because usually I have to apply them myself. But having a pro do it, they come out with no bubbles at all and looks perfect.